The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD July 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
22 July, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave today. Went back to limes, this time with Phoenix Shaving's "Sci-Fi Lime" soap and splash. Great scent! Nice tart lime but there's an added element, a depth that pushes it slightly away from just citrus and more toward "barbershop" territory. Fantastic lather too built with the QED Select Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Phoenix Shaving "META-4" and I finished with the matching after shave splash.

Busy day so far. On call this weekend and we had strong storms move through the area last night. There was even a possible tornado touch-down about eight miles north of me. So, lots of calls but the OT will look nice on the next check.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

PAA "Sci-Fi Lime" Shave Soap / QED Select 26mm Manchurian Badger / PAA "META-4" Razor
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / Shulton Old Spice "Fresh Lime PAA "Sci-Fi Lime" After Shave Splash

IMG-2743.jpg

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Gillette Slim (I2) North Shore Razors
Blade: Rapira Swedish SuperSteel (D3)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express 2-band 26mm
Bowl: HoneycombCopper 4 ½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Soap: Black Ship Grooming Captain Joe
Balm: Myrsol Emulsion
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Captain Joe

Razor: Gillette NEW Short Comb
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Areolite
Lather: Zingari Man Coconut Nanas
Aftershave: Zingari Man Coconut Nanas Recovery Splash
Additional Care:
Humphreys Maravilla
Osma Tradition Alum Block
afce712fe548a193a9312d900ca29c97.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

23 July, 2023

Late post but I started the day with a fantastic shave. The new two-tone '56 Gillette Super Speed arrived yesterday and I used it this morning. What a great razor! VERY smooth shaver. So smooth in fact that I actually opened it up to make sure I had the blade in it. Went back to ETHOS Grooming Essentials and Frank's excellent "Blood Orange" soap and skin food from his Italia Collection. Great scent and lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Canyon" ST brush for two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with the matching skin food splash & lotion and a spray of Giorgio Armani "Acqua di Gio" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Blood Orange" Shave Cream / WWBW "Canyon" ST Badger / '56 Gillette Super Speed / Gillette Platinum
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Blood Orange" Skin Food Splash & Lotion / Giorgio Armani "Acqua di Gio" EdT

IMG-2750.jpg

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Steampunk Gillette Slim Adjustable I-4
Blade: Gillette Nacet (D1)
Brush: Semogue 2020 TSN LE Boar 24mm
Bowl: Supply Provision Marble 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Tim's Ruby Red Iced (Koolada)
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling
Aftershave: The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper

Mon 24
Soap & Aftershave Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Karve Brass SB-F
Blade Flying Eagle 1st Use
A nice lasting scent from this soap & matching splash. The lather whip-up by the excellent brush was good enough.
Today's top-quality razor paired with this unique blade provided a satisfyingly smooth, crisp, and comfortable 3-pass shave for a bbs finish. It seems like all the blades made in this Shangai factory are really good...
20230724_103247.jpg

Razor: Paradigm Diamondback
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Brush: Shavemac Silvertip D01
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Additional Care:
Humphreys Maravilla
Osma Tradition Alum Block
e9af4d121f00219ce8346dbc16dd63e3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

24 July, 2023

Great shave this morning. Went back to Stirling's excellent "Bay Rum" shave soap. Nice spicy/citrus scent with excellent lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Copper Ore" badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with Clubman "Virgin Island Bay Rum" after shave splash & P&G "Old Spice" EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Bay Rum" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Copper Ore" ST Badger Brush / Rockwell 6S / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Clubman "Virgin Island Bay Rum" After Shave Splash / P&G "Old Spice" EdC

IMG-2757.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back