The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD Jan 17-23, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday AM 2022-01-20
Motorized log world speed record (47.64 mph) set by Pioneer Cedar Rocket on this date, 2016
sq10tTs.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Ebony Finest (26/66)
XPEC Original shaving cream (vintage Forester Milan version) + Moroccan Rose Absolute Hydrosol
LASSC BBS-1
Wilkinson London Bridge (9)
Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe aftershave
IMSlAsC.jpg

Fri 21 SOTD
Soap Shannon's Soap Silk Pajamas
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Cella Milano Splash
Another new and 1st use Soap! Very nice scent...hmmm..somehow detected some tobacco? The lather was easy to create and it was just creamy and slick enough...
Nice enough shave with the razor but would prefer it to be keener. It'll be put through the full pasted balsa progression next. 3+1passes for a dfs/ccs result. Nice aftershaves.
20220121_142936.jpg

Load heavy, chase that BBS, get results.

Razor: Curtain and Clark Cutlery Company, KCMO, "The Celebrated Razor"
Brush: Sorrentino Brushworks "Starry Night" 28mm SHD badger
Soap: Shulton Old Spice
Splash: ViJon Spice
Balm: C.O. Bigelow 1703 Red
Scent: Giorgio Beverly Hills

20220121_052908.jpg

WSP El Grande CC Head
Yaqi Handle, Classic Black Brass
Gillette Wilkinson Sword Blade (1)
RazoRock 400 Plissoft Synth, 24mm

Rose of Bulgaria Shaving Cream

Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel
Stetson After Shave with Aloe

Have a great day everyone
baa24cbfcb462300c2f4a619f95d30e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

21 January, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Wonderful shave this morning. Went with Noble Otter's "Monarch" which is an absolute lather monster, elegantly scented with powder and lavender notes along with delicate floral/citrus neroli and a base of vanilla & wood. Three passes for a DFS++ result and I finished with a splash of the matching after shave and a spray of YSL "La Nuit De L'Homme" EdT.

Hope you have a great day.

Noble Otter "Monarch" Shave Soap / WWBW "REM Cycle" Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Noble Otter "Monarch" Aftershave Splash (+ Skin Food) / YSL "La Nuit De L'Homme" EdT

IMG-8250.jpg

After walking home from taking my second grader to her bus stop this morning, it occured to me while I was walking back in -21F degrees that today would be a terrific day to shave with my favorite Fougere soap.
And no you are not seeing double,
Its not some kind of Magic trick.
There are 2 sets here.
Last week our shave brother Rex Bethune
commented that he had a set of the Unobtanium, The Magician, that he didn’t want, so I managed to pull the rabbit out of the hat and here we are.
My new Chisel & Hound Morado Taper with the V13 Fanchurian knot provided a fabulously creamy lather with its completely flat facing gelly knot.
My Filarmonica Muleta scooped off the whisker embedded slick lather with masterful precision leaving as our other shave brother Jeff Greene says, a velveteen rabbit result.
In true shavedom fashion Rex also thru in a pack of the new Stranglettes he had.
Awesome shave!
Hope you guys have the same.
magicianfilaChisel.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back