The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD Jan 17-23, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gave this razor a small touch up last night. It paid off big time today. Awesome shave.

Razor: Curtain and Clark Cutlery Company KCMO "Extra Hollow Ground"
Brush: Sorrentino Brushworks"Starry Night" 28mm SHD badger
Soap: Shulton Old Spice
Splash: ViJon Spice
Balm: C.O. Bigelow 1703 Red
Scent: CK Obsession

20220117_053457.jpg

Gillette TTO, 1954 Z1
Super Max Blue Diamond (2)
Simpson Trafalgar T3 Synth, 26mm

TABAC Shaving Cream

Equate Witch hazel
TABAC Aftershave Lotion

Have a great day everyone
bfc2a3b5dbe9986df21b3e9a46b9c1ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

17 January, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Very good shave this morning. Went back to the "Levante" shave soap from Asylum. Better lather this go around but it's a thirsty soap and water has to be added in very small amounts. Lather was nice and slick but didn't have much cushion or density. Still, three passes yielded a DFS result and I finished with a splash of Clubman "Brandy Spice" and a spray of "Tabac Rouge".

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Asylum "Levante" Shave Soap / SmilezforMilez "Green Light" Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor / Polsilver Super iridium
Alum / Clubman "Brandy Spice" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Phaedon "Tabac Rouge" EdP

IMG-8210.jpg

Last edited:
CEB55F22-2987-4D72-B24B-10ECE6D0430C.jpeg
January 17th

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - CK 6 Shave Soap, Star Jelly ASB, Switchback P400 w/Omega EVO Synthetic
Feather AC DX
Schick Proline
Arabiyat Oud Al Layl EdP

@primotenore

Monday morning 48 hour mow down with the Feather AC DX, setup as a kamisori. Awesome results.

First use of Oud Al Layl, inspired by Joseph. It’s potent sweet flowery musk with a slight wood aroma. Spray in the air, and walk through…as it’s a LOT of fragrance.

Wifey super approved.

Watch the reviews below before considering. I completely agree with the one from ACSmellsGood. Both are spot on though, no exaggeration with this EdP’s boldness.

ACSmellsGood - Oud Al Layl Review

SmellyCat - Oud Al Layl Review

o_O
Unfortunately for me, I did NOT receive the coveted SWMBOSOA©
HOWEVER, I didn't get the "that stinks" response either...:unsure:
Wifey's response was overwhelming approval. She likes immensely.

Oud Al Layl is not the typical mainstream aquatic/citrusy aroma, can't stress that enough. The two reviewers reaction to the first spray of this EdP nails it. It's powerful floral. Like they mention, there's a bit of citrus there, but after an hour of dry down, it's still...very bold floral soapy oak moss. It is very subtle, but I get hints of the soapy oak moss not unlike the original Paco Rabanne Pour Homme you introduced me to in 2020, just have to get to it through the 'in your face' symphony of floral notes.

While I'm not one who 'is chosen' to wear The Veg (wifey abhorred it), this fragrance could be just as divisive I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back