The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD Jan 17-23, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
jan1922.jpg
January 19th

Saponificio Varesino - Shave Soap v4.3, Aftershave Balm - Felce Aromatica
Jason's 2019 30DC LE w/Omega Boar
Barbasol Floating Head
Gillette Silver Blue

Heard some nice things about Back Roads Gold here and a few sites. Had Chris work on the FH, did a great job. 12 day turn, shipped out on 1/6, received yesterday 1/18. The FH base, handle and knob were still in great shape, so we decided to only clean and thoroughly polish, but replate the head in Palladium, matches very nicely. Some thoughtful customer appreciation additions upon arrival, razor in a canvas bag, neatly boxed/wrapped, a few extras (soap samples, Gillette Silver Blue blade pack, etc.). Also had him work on a Gillette Single Ring....coming up in a SOTD post soon. Happy customer.

439a7664e9cb6765fe0026981836e297.jpg

GaRtBnX

Wednesday AM 2022-01-19
National Popcorn Day
wtU0PP3.jpg

Herbert Dick & Earle Smith discovered in 1948 the earliest known evidence of people eating popcorn, 5600 years old, in a bat cave, Catron County, NM

6KD3peH.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Porcelain Finest (26/59)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d'Agrumes shaving cream
Wilkinson Bonded System (6)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d'Agrumes aftershave

A wonderful shave on a somewhat dreary morning, fresh and sparkling. And once again the old Wilkinson cart razor amazed me with a clean, close shave.
MrAP5Aw.jpg

Last edited:
Thu 20 Back to Home SOTD
Soap Shannon's Soap Lavender Lemongrass
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby B14 Boar
Razor Dorko 43
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Reuzel Wood & Spice
New and 1st use Soap! Very nice lemongrass scent! The lather is good quality...missed this Boar Brush and it sure feels great!
Missed my Dorko and oooo feels so good to shave with it. The edge is keen and smooth in 3passes for a dfs+ finish. Aftershaves were awesome!
20220120_145403.jpg

I may need to squish this soap down into the mug, as the center hole is growing the the sides are staying high.

Razor: J.A. Henckels, 401 Platinum, George H. Weyer KCMO
Brush: Sorrentino Brushworks "Starry Night" 28mm SHD badger
Soap: Shulton Old Spice
Splash: ViJon Spice
Balm: C.O. Bigelow 1703 Red
Scent: CK One Shock

20220119_193623.jpg

20 January, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Fan-freakin-tastic shave this morning! Superb lather from the MdC soap. Thick, slick and wonderfully scented. Three passes yielded a DFS+ result and I finsihed with a splash of Floid Blue and a spray of Paul Sebastian "PS" cologne.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Martin De Candre "Original" Shave Soap / PAA "The Peregrino" Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Floid Blue After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Paul Sebastian "PS" EdC

IMG-8230.jpg

SOTD January 20
Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic Brush
Carbon Cx-Atlas ++
Treet Platinum Super Stainless
CBL Premium Shave Soap Bee-Spoke - soap, post-shave oil, and aftershave tonic
Zoologist Bee
This combo works well on a cold, snowy day. Throughout the day, I will have the comforting scents of honeycomb and incense.IMG_0905.jpg

SOTD: 01/20/2022

1642699467778.gif

Razor: Ikon Shave Craft B1 Slant - Windrose F1 Hybrid
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 5th use
Brush: Boti Brush Purple & Green Stable Wood
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Wholly Kaw Double Agent Puck
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Double Agent Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EdT

Status
Not open for further replies.