The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD February 21-27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sun 27 SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Silvertip
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade Silver Star Duridium 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
This soap reminded me of leathery & workshop scents...nice! The lather was creamy and slick enough...
Excellent shave with the razor paired with this vintage blade. Previous use was not as good. The difference today was - palm stropping, using a shim blade, and dipping the razor in ice water between rinsing. Crisp, comfortable & very efficient in 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish..awesome! Aftershaves were good as well.
View attachment 76770
I've never tried dipping the razor in ice water between rinses. Interesting.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

RazoRock MJ-90A
PAA Platinum Strangelet (2)
Ian Tang Boar, 20/55

Palmolive Classic Green Shave Cream

Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel
Booster Mosswood After Shave Lotion

Have a great shave everyone
1b92c35eaf669188e21738d2e5e68bd4.jpg

SOTD: 02/27/2022

1645967744293.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM, 4th use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phantom Aerolite
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Denton Majik Kusafiri Puck
Aftershave: 345 Soap Company Expedition Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Bathhouse Soaps Bespoke (Honkey-Tonk Man & Sweet Tea)

27 February, 2022

Good day Cadre! Hope you're having a great weekend.

Fantastic shave with the Saponificio Varesino "Felce Aromatica" soap and ASL this morning. Hope you're having a great day.

Saponificio Varesino "Felca Aromatica" Shave Soap / WWBW "Milky Way" Synth / Tatara Masamune Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Felca Aromatica" After Shave Lotion

IMG-8575.jpg

February 27, 2022
CC4DA5BE-03DB-44A3-8834-FC96B1C7B19C.jpeg

Second to last day of the month. Starting to get random irritation unfortunately so I’ll probably swap out the blade on Tuesday once the month ends. At 51 shaves with the Semogue SOC boar, it feels pretty soft and I’m enjoying using it quite a bit.

Razor: Seygus Zeppelin V.2
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 27th use
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Cherry C5
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Seaworthy “Abaco” Bowl
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Hotel Cecil
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Hotel Cecil Aftershave

February 27, 2022
View attachment 76817

Second to last day of the month. Starting to get random irritation unfortunately so I’ll probably swap out the blade on Tuesday once the month ends. At 51 shaves with the Semogue SOC boar, it feels pretty soft and I’m enjoying using it quite a bit.

Razor: Seygus Zeppelin V.2
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 27th use
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Cherry C5
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Seaworthy “Abaco” Bowl
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Hotel Cecil
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Hotel Cecil Aftershave
Very nice looking razor!

I've never tried dipping the razor in ice water between rinses. Interesting.

Hey, thanks for your comment. Yeah, I saw the GeoFatBoy video recently and want to try it...anything to reduce shaving irritation, especially to my neck. I do have a basin of ice water for my daily shave anyway so it is easy. This morning tried it again...let's see how it goes after 1 week or more. I really want to try with a straight razor... :D

Pre-shave: Van Der Hagen Shave Butter
Lather: DentonMajik "KRS Classic"
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Post-shave: Omega Alum Stick and HC&C White Star balm

Image9117893868110767164.jpg

I haven't used my Twig in at least three months if not longer. I kept saying "next shave" but it didn't happen. Chalk it up to having too many good choices but today was the day. I had a Nacet handy so I used it. I find the Twig to be comfortable and effective, with it's bulbous handle and diminutive head.

This was my first use of a DentonMajik product and, while I can't say the fragrance is a favorite, it was far from offensive and performed very well.

I had a very close BBS shave but I overdid it with touch-ups which left me with irritation. I also haven't had the best of luck with Nacet blades. They are definitely sharp but can be rough on my face. Let's call it a 9/10 result. Have a wonderful day!

Great week folks lots of great photos. Continued thanks for posting each and every day!

Next weeks SOTD will be up soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back