The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD February 21-27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday AM 2022-02-25
First use of 'insanity plea' in a court trial, on this date in 1859, Washington, DC
gsB40G3.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ivory Finest (22/50)
Eufros Tobacco shaving soap
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper
Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
Cigar Aficionado aftershave
Sbnh946.jpg

Pre-shave: Van Der Hagen Shave Butter
Lather: House of Mammoth "Tobacconist"
Brush: Jayaruh 287 Faux Horse
Razor: GEM Heavy Flat Top aka G-Bar
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless (2)
Post-shave: Omega Alum Stick and Nivea Sensitive Balm

SOTD_2022-02-21_GEM-G-Bar_1.jpg

It's been too long since I'd had a GEM shave and even longer since I used the magnificent GEM Heavy Flat Top aka G-Bar. If you know it, you probably like it. It's nothing fancy but just a nice, solid shaver with a great handle. Every time I use it I find it hard to believe that there is no contemporary version of this. Just a simple flip cap that will never go wrong.

HoM Tobacconist is just so good. 5/5 in every category...scent, performance, post-shave...you name it. The extra soft Jayaruh brush whipped up a soft, yogurt-like lather and the fragrance, oh my, it's just so nice to my nose.

Just an all-around fantastic shave. 10/10.

Lather: Hendrix Classics & Co White Star "Southern Comfort"
Brush: Jayaruh 347 Boar
Razor: Enders Speed with injector adapter from HC&C/Ian Ligocki (Last Shadow) collaboration
Blade: Supply Black Label injector (1)
Post-shave: Omega Alum Stick and HC&C White Star balm

SOTD_2022-02-24_Enders.jpg

Today I had my first try with an Enders Speed razor using the injector blade adapter made by Ian Ligocki aka 'Last Shadow'. It worked brilliantly! It uses magnets to hold the blade in place and fits the razor perfectly. It made for a very efficient and enjoyable shave. I enjoyed it so much that I can't wait to use it again.

Also new in this shave are HC&C's White Star products which are their budget-friendly line. They cut corners on packaging and presentation but certainly not on quality. The soap is different from their Top Shelf base but is every bit as good from what I'm able to tell. It's $5.25 for 3 ounces which is a crazy good price. The Southern Comfort fragrance is pleasant. I was even more pleased with the balm. I got the unscented version so I could add the fragrance myself. I mixed up a couple of little pots, one of Havana Breeze and the other Barbershop. The feel of it is silky smooth but not greasy and a little bit goes a long way. The 4-ounce tub is only $8.50 so again, a bargain.

I had a spectacular BBS shave. 9.8/10 with points taken for a bit of self-imposed, ham-fisted irritation.

Sat 26 SOTD
Soap Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette Rocket HD
Blade Sharp Star Platinum 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Splash
Another good Stirling soap! Nice scent with a creamy and slick lather...
An excellent shave with this blade in the mild razor with an added shim to increase the aggressiveness and hence efficiency. Crisp, smooth, and comfortable edge. 3passes for a bbs finish without any issues. Aftershaves were really nice.
20220226_101401.jpg

Lather: House of Mammoth "Tobacconist"
Brush: Jayaruh 287 Faux Horse
Razor: GEM Heavy Flat Top aka G-Bar
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless (2)
Post-shave: Omega Alum Stick and Nivea Sensitive Balm

View attachment 76692

It's been too long since I'd had a GEM shave and even longer since I used the magnificent GEM Heavy Flat Top aka G-Bar. If you know it, you probably like it. It's nothing fancy but just a nice, solid shaver with a great handle. Every time I use it I find it hard to believe that there is no contemporary version of this. Just a simple flip cap that will never go wrong.

HoM Tobacconist is just so good. 5/5 in every category...scent, performance, post-shave...you name it. The extra soft Jayaruh brush whipped up a soft, yogurt-like lather and the fragrance, oh my, it's just so nice to my nose.

Just an all-around fantastic shave. 10/10.
I have a GEM G-BAR too. I agree. It's nothing fancy, but a good solid razor.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Merkur 500-Progress, Adjustable
Dorco New Platinum ST-301 (3)
Maggard SY-22 Synth

Ginger's Garden Aventus Type Shaving Soap

Dickinson's Witch Hazel with Peppermint and Tea Tree oils added,
Old Spice Aftershave Lotion (P&G)

Have a great shave everyone
6a7f3d0b182a8113708fa7376fab62a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Saturday AM 2022-02-26
National Levi Jeans Day (birthdate of Levi Strauss in 1829)
tPxBkpc.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3 Porcelain Finest (26/54)
Ethos Grooming Vanilla Safi shaving soap next
Wolfman WR2-SB/Triad Aristocrat Black
Wizamet Super Iridium (4)
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave (vintage)

An excellent shave. Great lather was made even better with a few drops of Vanilla Safi aroma blend, and the aftershave - with vanilla in its base notes - matched well. The razor and blade were very smooth.
WQcXlcB.jpg

26 February, 2022

First Line Shave "Illustrious Oud" Shave Soap / Moon Soaps "Villain" Synth / YAQI SS Delorian Razor / KAI
Alum / First Line Shave "Illustrious Oud" After Shave Splash / First Line Shave "Illustrious Oud" EdT

IMG-8559.jpg

Sun 27 SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Silvertip
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade Silver Star Duridium 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
This soap reminded me of leathery & workshop scents...nice! The lather was creamy and slick enough...
Excellent shave with the razor paired with this vintage blade. Previous use was not as good. The difference today was - palm stropping, using a shim blade, and dipping the razor in ice water between rinsing. Crisp, comfortable & very efficient in 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish..awesome! Aftershaves were good as well.
20220227_084942.jpg

SOTD: 02/26/2022

1645936190286.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 3rd use
Brush: Oumo Brush Pandora Universe
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Black Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Paganini’s Violin Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Paganini’s Violin Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Bathhouse Soaps Bespoke (Moonshine + Steam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back