The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD February 21-27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thu 24 SOTD
Soap Yaqi PinaColada Chillers
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor Shavette with Sandalwood Handle
Blade EuroMax Platinum
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Yaqi PinaColada Chillers Splash
I really like this soap! Good cooling sensation, nice scent with a creamy and slick lather...
Today shave with the Shavette that started my interest in SRs. It's been more than 15months since my last use. Previous experiences with this Shavette were not very good due to inexperience but today...wow...very nice, very smooth, and comfortable 3passes without any issues for a dfs finish. Gotta use this with a Feather...The aftershave is really nice and the menthol hit was like a punch...
20220224_124450.jpg

RazoRock MJ-90A
PAA Platinum Strangelet (1)
Omega Boar, 23mm

RazoRock P.160 Shaving Soap

Thayer's Medicated Witch Hazel,
Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion

Have a great shave everyone
74c067dca2886b8931c945e00b131067.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

24 February, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Superlative shave this morning and a great one on which to end this session of shaves with the Karve DE. Fantastically slick and fragrant lather from the PAA "Sun Down" with literally no feedback from the alum block. Three passes and I finished with a splash of the matching aftershave/cologne and a spray of Rochas "Moustache" EdT. Excellent!

Hope you have a great day. :)

PAA "Sun Down" Shave Soap / Oz Shaving 24mm Synth / Karve Christopher Bradley Razor / KAI
Alum / PAA "Sun Down" Aftershave Splash & Cologne (+ Skin Food) / Rochas "Moustache" EdT

IMG-8541.jpg

SOTD: 02/24/2022

1645716133576.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 1st use
Brush: Boti Brush Classic Stable Wood & Green Resin
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Through The Fire Fine Craft Galaxie Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Glacial Citron Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy EdP

Thursday AM 2022-02-24
The Gregorian Calendar was instituted by papal bull from Gregory XIII on this date, 1582
mlsaTl9.jpg

Rooney Stubby 2 Porcelain Finest (24/50)
Ethos Grooming Succès shaving soap
Carbon Adamas/UFO Titan Fine
Wizamet Super Iridium (2)
Ethos Grooming Succès aftershave

A wonderful Pineapple Express shave on a sunny but cold morning. The Adamas head balanced beautifully on the UFO handle, which is only 3g lighter than the stock handle. And the Wizamet performed just as well in this razor as the P74 did.
9nBxLHf.jpg

Fri 25 SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DOC
Blade SilverStar Super Stainless 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Ariana & Evans Kaizen Splash
Excellent soap qualities with a wonderful scent plus a creamy and very slick lather...
The shave with this razor paired with the blade was perfection. Easy, smooth, comfortable, and very efficient in 3++passes for a bbs finish without any issues. The aftershaves were terrific as well.
20220225_100509.jpg

SOTD: 02/25/2022

1645798355283.jpeg

Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 2nd use
Brush: Teton Shaves Barbershop De Los Muertos Blanco
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Hendrix Classics & Co. Badass Puck
Aftershave: Avon Tai Winds Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Carolina Herrera CH Men Prive EdT

25 February, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great end-of-the-workweek shave today! Went back to Fine, this time going with their "Platinum" scent in the old-style puck. Thick, yogurt-like lather yielded and DFS+ result after three passes and I finished with the matching ASB and a spray of Mont Blanc "Explorer" EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Fine Accoutrements "Platinum" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Invasion" Synth / Tatara Masamune Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Fine Accoutrements "Platinum" After Shave Balm / Mont Blanc "Explorer" EdT

IMG-8546.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back