The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD February 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
27 February 2023

333013DB-C89E-41B7-8774-CAA4451855BF.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Tech (Triangle Slot Fat Handle)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword , 27th use
Brush: Omega 011842 Premium Jade
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Standard “Rawhide” Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements GLO TUBE 2.0 Soap
Soap: Geo. F. Trumper Officers And Gentlemens Puck
Aftershave: The Holy Black Bamboo Aftershave
Balm: Nivea Aftershave Balm Balm

Mon 27
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Vespers
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Henkels & Friodur 472
Very nice extra creamy and slick lather from this soap including the unique scent backed up by the matching balm...
This razor is just superb. Soft buttery smooth and very keen edge maintained only on 0.1um balsa and Kanayama. 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230227_173841.jpg

27 February, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Great shave this morning. Tried out another new soap/cream this morning, Modial's "Mandarino E Spezie" (Mandarin & Spices). This soap IMO is the perfect rendition of a true "croap". Similar in character to Cella's soft soaps, I was able to easily press it into a spare soap container for use and storage. Lightly scented but great-smelling with mandarin with peppery cinnamon being the primary notes. The lather was less dense than I prefer, but I chalk that up to being more my fault than the soap's. Some soaps, as I'm sure you have also found, take a bit of time to learn the proper water-to-soap ratios. Still, the lather was very slick and did provide an acceptable amount of cushion. Two passes with the Fatboy and I finished with a splash of Floid "Vigoroso" and a generous spray of Creed "Tabarome".
Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Modial "Mandarino E Spezie" Shave Cream / Semogue SOC "Caravela" Boar-Badger / 61 Gillette "Fatboy" / Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Floid "Mentolado Vigoroso" After Shave Splash / Creed "Tabarome" Millésime

IMG-1587.jpg

Rockwell 6S Plate-5 Razor
Personna Lab Blue Blade (4)
Vie-Long Horse Brush, 50-50 Mane-Tail, 21/50

Shannons Soaps Silk Pajamas Premium Goat Milk Edition Shaving Soap

Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel,
Shannons Soaps Silk Pajamas Post-Shave Splash
4d8743a484bee38a90e1da59fcf89c91.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Tue 28
Cream & Aftershave MacaRoot & Aloe
Brush Yaqi 24mm Bali Silvertip
Razor Wade & Butcher Steamship 7/8 Wedge
Good enough lather from this cream whipped up nicely with the plush soft brush. The cream and AS scent+cooling are just splendid! This heavyweight razor's edge is now keener yet softly smooth, thanks to the combination of diamond balsa & Kanayama stroping. 3passes for a dfs-ccs finish...
20230228_151652.jpg

DSC_9653 (1).png
Tuesday 02.28.23
RAZOR: Stirling Stainless DE Razor, Standard Head, Dallas Handle
BLADE: Astra Superior Platinum
BRUSH Oumo Kaleidoscope 26mm SHD Badger FAN
LATHER: OSP Dark Matter Shaving Soap

Parker Semi-Slant Razor
Feather DE Blade (1)
Larry's Synthetic Brush, 28/55

Institut Karite Shaving Soap

Institut Karite After Shave Balm

Being on the mild side of medium to me, the Parker Semi-Slant pairs very well with a sharp blade like the Feather 🪶 . Two passes to a clean and close shave.
46fb24dfc947e98c47fdb23652fea241.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

28 February, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave with which to end the month. Went back to "Cosmo" from Saponificio Varesino. Great spicy, woody combo with a blast of citrus on the top. Excellent lather from the "REM Cycle" sweet-spot badger for two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with the matching ASL and Divine's "L'Homme Sage" EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Saponificio Varesino "Cosmo" Shave Soap / WWBW "REM Cycle" Badger / EJ 3ONE6 / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Cosmo" After Shave Lotion / Divine "L'Homme Sage" EdT

IMG-1598.jpg

SOTD: 02/27/2023

1677599737463.jpeg

Razor: Aylsworth Drakkant (Open Comb)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum, 3rd use
Brush: Sorrentino Brushworks Clown Puke
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat Puck
Aftershave: Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Chanel Pour Monsieur EdP