The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD February 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday AM 2023-02-25
The 'insanity plea' was first used in a trial on this date in 1859, Washington, DC
eawblIZ.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Horn Finest (22/48)
Acqua di Parma Colonia soft shaving soap (original)
Carbon Damascus Adamas
Personna 74 Tungsten (14)
Acqua di Parma Colonia aftershave
fCen0kQ.jpg
88giKDx.jpg

25 February, 2023

Hello Cadre! Hope you're having a great weekend.

Early shave and out the door with the missus to do some shopping and run some errands. Started the day with a great Bay Rum shave with the Fine Accoutrements soap & splash. Two passes with the Fatboy and I finished with a generous application of the Barberry "Bay Rum" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Fine Accoutrements "Bay Rum" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super / 61 Gillette "Fatboy" / Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Fine Accoutrements "Bay Rum" After Shave Splash / Barberry "Bay Rum" EdP

IMG-1575.jpg

Last edited:
Sun 26
Cream Old Spice Musk
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershave Old Spice Original Splash
A lovely rich and slick lather from this pleasantly scented cream is good for the SR shave.
The razor is just perfect now. Maintained and refreshed only on diamond balsa (0.1um) and the Kanayama, the edge is soft buttery smoothness and keen. 3passes without issues for a bbs-ccs finish...
20230226_105833.jpg

Edwin Jagger DE89 Head
Weber Classic 3 3/4" SS Handle
Gillette Silver Blue Blade (3)
Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tux, 24/53

Proraso White Shaving Soap

Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel
Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion
b425f7f4ee96382fe8b7914a89fac0b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

26 February, 2023

Hello Cadre! Hope you're having a great weekend.

New soap day. Got in the Crowne and Crane "Frenchmen St." soap and balm and used them for today's shave. Firstly, this is the first time I've used any product from that artisan so I didn't know what to expect going in. The soap is lightly scented but produced a wonderfully slick and cushioning lather. Two passes with the EJ 3ONE6 and I finished with the matching balm which was very thick in consistency and very soothing. The scent of the balm was a little stronger than the soap and absorbed quickly. Tobacco, rum and citrus with a hint of vanilla and I thought I even had a whiff of coconut in there. Very nice! I plan to explore more wares from this company. Finished with a generous spray of the Alt. Fragrance's "Saxophone" which is almost an identical match to the sample of Jazz Club by Maison Marglela I have. Fantastic shave in every way!

Hope you have a great day. 🎷:cool:

Crowne and Crane "Frenchmen St." Shave Soap / Zenith 26mm Manchurian / EJ 3ONE6 / Wilkinson Sword
Alum / Crowne and Crane "Frenchmen St." After Shave Balm / Alt. Fragrances "Saxophone" EdP

IMG-1581.jpg

Last edited:
SOTD: 02/26/2023

1677444180478.jpeg

Razor: Wacker Solingen 6/8” INOX
Brush: AP Shave Co Semi-Transparent Yellow
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Zingari Man The Healers Puck
Aftershave: Zingari Man The Gypsy Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man The Healers Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Hydration Potion
Fragrance: Dua Fragrances Grapefruit Cognac Extrait