The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD February 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Blasphemy!!
I was going to say - a little piece of MarkB just died

Wed 1st - Titan, Soap & Cream from a shave member in another forum
Facewash Pears
Cream Palmolive Regular
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Titan ACRM-2 Madagascan Mahogany Timber Scales
Aftershave Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Splash
Face wash with the Pears soap...nice! The shave cream is good. Pleasant light scent and a creamy slick lather...nice!!!
This is a razor exchange with kind generosity all the way from Australia. Fortunately, my relatives from Sydney came for a visit so shipping was easy. This razor has a coticule's edge. Although it was comfortable it was not sharp enough for my tough whiskers...Managed a sas result in 3 passes...
20230201_174459.jpg
Thu 2nd - Titan, Soap & Soap Stick from a shave member in another forum
Soap Derby Stick
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Titan ACRM-2 with African Timber Scale
Aftershave Clubman Brandy Spice
The soap is acceptable with a pleasant light scent & lather...the Palmolive is way better...
This is the 2nd razor exchange all the way from Australia. This razor has an Adaee's edge which is smoother, more comfortable, and a crispier sharpness compared to yesterday's coticule edge. Managed a ccs-sas finish in 3 passes...
20230202_131121.jpg

DSC_8371 copy (1).png
RAZOR: Shield Polished Titanium 1.15 DE
BLADE: Personna
BRUSH: Oumo Pandora 28mm SHD Badger
LATHER: Spearhead Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime Shaving Soap
POST: Spearhead Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime Aftershave Toner

2 February 2023

898F8165-C374-4BFF-A4D8-EFA57C7C6E5B.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Tech (Triangle Slot Fat Handle)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword , 4th use
Brush: Omega 011842 Premium Jade
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Standard “Rawhide” Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements GLO TUBE 2.0 Soap
Soap: Geo. F. Trumper Officers And Gentlemens Puck
Aftershave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica Aftershave
Balm: Nivea Aftershave Balm Balm
Additional Care: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Witch Hazel

2 February, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's a wet, dreary day. One of those days where you just want to stay in bed. If there's any upside it's that "Sand Mountain Sam" (Alabama's "Punxsutawney Phil" but an opossum) did NOT see his shadow today! So that means an early Spring! EAT IT, PHIL!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Great shave this morning. This type weather IMO just begs for deeper, richer scent notes so I went with MacDuffs "American Vintage" shave soap. Wonderful tobacco / woody notes with light spice. Fantastic lather for two passes with the Aristocrat and I finished with a splash of Derby City Chop Shop's "Winter Reserve" shave tonic and several sprays of Phardon "Tabac Rouge". Great complementary frag for the soap!

Hope you have a great day. :)

MacDuffs Soap Co. "American Vintage" Shave Soap / WWBW "Rosé Noir" ST Badger / Aristocrat / Polsilver
Alum / Derby City Chop Shop "Winter Reserve" Shave Tonic / Phardon "Tabac Rouge" EdP

IMG-1381.jpg

Last edited:
2 February, 2023

It's a wet, dreary day. One of those days where you just want to stay in bed. If there's any upside it's that "Sand Mountain Sam" (Alabama's "Punxsutawney Phil" but an opossum) did NOT see his shadow today! So that means an early Spring! EAT IT, PHIL!!!

Great shave this morning. This type weather IMO just begs for deeper, richer scent notes so I went with MacDuffs "American Vintage" shave soap. Wonderful tobacco / woody notes with light spice. Fantastic lather for two passes with the Aristocrat and I finished with a splash of Derby City Chop Shop's "Winter Reserve" shave tonic and several sprays of Phardon "Tabac Rouge". Great complementary frag for the soap!

MacDuffs Soap Co. "American Vintage" Shave Soap / WWBW "Rosé Noir" ST Badger / Aristocrat / Polsilver
Alum / Derby City Chop Shop "Winter Reserve" Shave Tonic / Phardon "Tabac Rouge" EdP

View attachment 104112
The Bay Rum industry thanks you for your patronage. Rumor has it that they want you to be keynote speaker at their convention this year.

2 February, 2023

View attachment 104120

View attachment 104112
Was this before or after they chipped him out of ice?

Thursday AM 2023-02-02
National Groundhog (Marmot) Day, first observed on this date in 1887, Punxsutawney, PA
nNaMUHj.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Horn Finest (24/54)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR2-SB/Bob's Razor Works Aristocrat Bull Mastiff Bronze
Iridium Super (3)
Ginger's Garden Springtime in Paris aftershave
CIrrjna.jpg
EoK8VLM.jpg

Fri 3 SR Comparison Shave
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm Boar
Razor 1 Dorko 43 Near Wedge
Razor 2 Titan ACRM-2 African Timber Scale
Aftershave RazoRock Mudder Focker Splash
This is just a top-shelf soap with a super creamy and very slick lather, whipped up easily by the unbelievably soft & large boar brush. Soap & AS scents matched nicely!
Today's shave was to compare one of my top SRs with a buttery smooth edge with this Titan after putting it through the LaLune & the full diamond balsa progression. Both were strop on the Kanayama. Dorko (easily passes the HHT) was on the left & Titan (absolutely failed TTT/HHT) was on the right. 3passes and Dorko did not fail...super nice and efficient but the surprise was the Titan...it did very well, and the edge was very comfortable and more efficient than the initial use. Overall, Dorko's result was bbs-ccs while Titan's was dfs-sas. Some red creeper and minor irritation on the left...hahaha. Delightful comparison...

20230203_153348.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back