The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD December 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thu 8
Soap & Aftershave RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor Gold Dollar 208
Epic lather from the soap. Thickly creamy and slick with a pleasant scent augmented by the matching splash
Good shave with this razor. Soft and comfortable La Lune edge but need to improve on the keenness. Enjoyable 3 passes for a dfs-ccs finish...
20221208_111555.jpg

8 December 2022
23901FA6-B9C8-4AC1-ADDD-920A4CE1303C.jpeg

Razor: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Copper Double Open Comb Ascension
Blade: Wilkinson Sword , 4th use
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Cherry C5
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper “Obsidian” Bowl
Soap: Cooper & French Santa’s Workshop Croap
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Kiritimati Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Witch Hazel

Soap company is new to me, so tried without a preshave. Excellent slickness and glide on this soap. Not sold on the scent yet, might not work for me.

Rockwell Model T-2 Gunmetal TTO Adjustable Razor, 2.5 setting

BIC Chrome Platinum Blade (3)

Maggard 2-Band Badger, Aluminum,
22/54

A&E Peach & Cognac Kaizen Croap

Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel,
RazoRock Baby Blue After Shaving Splash,
444 Aftershave Gel

Have a great shave
755d1f1020f3f34d174571f321496a4c.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

SOTD: 12/08/2022

1670508609925.jpeg

Razor: Homelike Shaving CTAPT 2
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 5th use
Brush: Oumo Brush Pandora Universe
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Black Mug
Soap: Stirling Soap Bonafide Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Bonafide Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Prada L’Homme EdT

8 December, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. Seasonal, but a mix of disparate scents that divide the shave up into three sections. First, the "Magi" soap from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements is a very resinous, dry scent with a huge kick of frankincense and myrrh right off the bat. Earthy and slightly floral with an almost medicinal note way back in there as well. Great lather for two passes and I followed with a splash of "Citrus & Spruce" after shave from Craftsman Soap Co. This was an Etsy discovery and I really like it! Spruce and fir take center stage with bright grapefruit playing more of a supporting role. The notes are very natural smelling owing to the use of essential oils and it has a nice alcohol kick. I plan to explore this artisan more. Finally, Keeping with the evergreen notes, I finished with a spray (or three) of Stirling's "Christmas Eve" EdT. This is such a cheerful scent and the addition of cranberry, vanilla and other spices brings a festive warmth. Excellent!!

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Magi" Shave Soap / Simpson "Commodore" X3 BB / Phoenix Shaving "META-4" / Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow
Alum /
Craftsman Soap Co. "Citrus & Spruce" After Shave Splash / Stirling Soap Co. "Christmas Eve" EdT

IMG-1007.jpg

Last edited:
Fri 9
Soap Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor 69 Thiers Issard Frameback
Aftershave Clubman Gents Gin
Nice enough soap for the scent and lather qualities whip up by the excellent brush. Love this aftershave!!
2nd shave with this razor and it was good! Tried to enhance the edge again on the Naniwa 12k but feels similar to the 1st use. This blade material or grind feels different from the rest of my razors..interesting. Managed 3 passes for a dfs-ccs-sas finish...
20221209_130508.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back