The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD December 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 December, 2022

Hello Cadre! Hope you're having a great weekend.

Late post and shave today. Haven't been online as much as I'd planned today with the Army / Navy game. Ended up in the ER with the wife last night. She was out with her co-workers for a Christmas dinner and well, long story short, a defective metal and wood booth bench fell back and hit her on her upper right thigh.

9ff6dd1d6023f4be8dd4bb40d203188b_-united-states-alabama-autauga-county-prattville-the-juicy-se...jpg

She couldn't stand or put any weight on it. They called an ambulance and then me and from 6:30 PM to after 1:30 AM this morning we were in the DMZ that is Friday night ERs. Luckily, there were no broken bones, just severely bruised. They gave her a shot of morphine and once the pain level started coming down, they released her. We got home after 2. She'll follow-up with her ortho doctor next week.

Great shave today. Went for an "Old Spice" theme. Great lather from the Stirling soap. Two passes + touch-up and I finished with a splash of vintage Shulton "Old Spice" after shave. Used the "Ship's Bell" decanter. This one, according to the collector website is from 1973 was made for the Canadian market (the American version was clear amber colored glass. Finished with P&G "Old Spice" EdC.

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Stirling Soap Co. "Stirling Spice" Shave Soap / PAA "The Peregrino" Synth / PAA "META-4" / Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow
Alum / Vintage Shulton "Old Spice" After Shave Lotion / P&G "Old Spice" EdC

IMG-1024.jpg

Last edited:
10 December, 2022

Late post and shave today. Haven't been online as much as I'd planned today with the Army / Navy game. Ended up in the ER with the wife last night. She was out with her co-workers for a Christmas dinner and well, long story short, a defective metal and wood booth bench fell back and hit her on her upper right thigh.

View attachment 100161

She couldn't stand or put any weight on it. They called an ambulance and then me and from 6:30 PM to after 1:30 AM this morning we were in the DMZ that is Friday night ERs. Luckily, there were no broken bones, just severely bruised. They gave her a shot of morphine and once the pain level started coming down, they released her. We got home after 2. She'll follow-up with her ortho doctor next week.

Great shave today. Went for an "Old Spice" theme. Great lather from the Stirling soap. Two passes + touch-up and I finished with a splash of vintage Shulton "Old Spice" after shave. Used the "Ship's Bell" decanter. This one, according to the collector website is from 1973 was made for the Canadian market (the American version was clear amber colored glass. Finished with P&G "Old Spice" EdC.

Stirling Soap Co. "Stirling Spice" Shave Soap / PAA "The Peregrino" Synth / PAA "META-4" / Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow

View attachment 100160
Best wishes for your wife and hope she will recover completely!

Sun 11
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi PinaColada Chillers
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Joseph Elliott "Fine India Steel" 13/16
This soap is quite good and really cold & the matching splash can be used as a local anesthetic...:LOL:
One of my favorite razors...the edge is beautifully soft yet crisply keen. Had a super enjoyable 3 pass shave for a bbs-ccs finish...
20221211_102836.jpg

How does the Savannah Sunrise compare to the Peach & Cognac?
Thanks for asking. It's a little more... I want to say mellow but maybe just different is better. Both have the peach. They compliment each other. Sorry I'm not good at talking about scents and layers of them. If I read something has notes of this or that I might be able to pick it up but I'm not so able to identify a lot of them on my own. I like peach and the scent of both of these are excellent to me.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

10 December, 2022

View attachment 100161

View attachment 100160
Sorry to hear about the accident. I hope your wife recovers soon.

Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 SS Razor
Tatra Platinum Blade (1l
Maggard Synth 24/56

Omega Eucalyptus Shaving Cream

Equate Witch Hazel with Eucalyptus and Tea Tree oils added,
Proraso Green Eucalyptus Aftershave
23fe006e30eae6e2fcf8ee39e4f99b5d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back