The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD December 13th - December 19th 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
0710F62B-AF6C-49DE-AB8E-43B57C4AA713.png
SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 15, 2021

RAZOR: Victor Creazzi’s “Bone Mosaic” 7/8 (Mug), Rex Adjustable (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE #007 Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Fine Accoutrements’s Platinum AS Splash.

Karve D/USTA/MDC. Clean up pass Shake Sharp/twin Astra SS
46dcbc2ac496a5f7d97bf7658f442cf4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Wednesday AM 2021-12-15
624Zdaf.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ivory Finest (26/55)
Ethos Grooming Mélange d’Agrumes shaving cream
Wilkinson Bonded System (1)

Today the cream made even better lather. Within moments, even being cautious about water addition, I had plenty of rich, thick lather for 3 passes. The cushion and glide were excellent, and the old cartridge razor sailed easily over my face. I did not use any aftershave, so that I could assess the post-shave skin feel from the cream; and now, an hour later, my skin is soft, supple, and not at all dried out. A wonderful shave. I'll write a full review of the cream after another shave or two with it.
gMqtKKQ.jpg

Thu 16 SOTD
Cream Proraso Green
Razor Clone Feather Kamisori
Blade Feather ProGuard 4th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Proraso Green Splash
Very interesting indeed. End up not using the brush but rather just use fingers to spread the cream and built a thin but very slick layer...nice enough for the shave...have to do it thrice...for 3 passes...really love the scent!
Just an easy, silky smooth and very efficient razor/blade combination! 3 passes for an absolutely bbs finish. A splash of the AS...awesome!
20211216_071102.jpg

16 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning! I was going through "Obsession" withdrawals so I took care of that today. Strike Gold Shave's "Shaveline NBD" soap provided a fantastically fragrant and slick lather. Three passes and I finished with some Obsession after shave balm and a spray of the matching EdT. Excellent!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Strike Gold Shave "Shaveline NBD" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Best Badger / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Alum / CK "Obsession for Men" After Shave Balm / CK "Obsession for Men" EdT

IMG-7940.jpg

16 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning! I was going through "Obsession" withdrawals so I took care of that today. Strike Gold Shave's "Shaveline NBD" soap provided a fantastically fragrant and slick lather. Three passes and I finished with some Obsession after shave balm and a spray of the matching EdT. Excellent!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Strike Gold Shave "Shaveline NBD" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Best Badger / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Alum / CK "Obsession for Men" After Shave Balm / CK "Obsession for Men" EdT

View attachment 70292
My brother from another mother! You read my mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back