The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD December 13th - December 19th 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
AoS does make a fine cream indeed.

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB 38
Blade: Nacet (14)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Timberwolf
Cream: AoS Sandalwood
Splash: Old Spice Hawkridge
Balm: AoS Sandalwood
Scent: Majikah Perfumery Eastern Dragon

20211214_052226.jpg

C6924244-3B64-4C40-B184-6F914EE8E074.jpeg
SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 14, 2021

RAZOR: Bartmann 11/16 (Mug), Durham Duplex Safety Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Ever Ready Trimmer Blade (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Pure Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

SOTD: 12/13/2021

View attachment 70011

Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum, 1st use
Brush: Colorado Razor Designs Light & Dark Wood
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Stirling Soap Smokey Grapefruit Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Smokey Grapefruit Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man The Healers Balm
Additional Care: Chanel Bleu de Chanel EdT
Super cool brush!!! Horse or Synthetic, also how do you like that loft?

Mon 13 SOTD
Cream Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor AC Kamisori
Blade Feather ProGuard 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Proraso Green Splash
Excellent lather from the evergreen Proraso! Smell wonderful has some cooling sensation and is nice creamy & slick
Excellent shave with this awesome razor paired with the blade! Super easy to use, silky smooth, and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs result!! Perfect for travel. The matching aftershave was just great to finish off an enjoyable session!
View attachment 70078
Tue 14 SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans SoCal Hipster
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor Clone Feather/KAI AC
Blade Feather ProGuard 2nd Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi PinaColada Chillers Splash
Nice enough soap with a mild pleasant scent and acceptable lather qualities...
Another excellent & effortless shave with the razor and blade pairing! So easy, silky smooth, and very comfortable in 3passes for a bbs finish. The aftershaves were terrific...nicely cool on a hot humid day...
View attachment 70079
Do tell about the handle on the Kami, is that original wood?

Well poop...I posted yesterday's shave in the wrong thread. A day late...but here it is...

Schick Injector, Schick Injector Blade, Sudsy Soapery - Jack Frost, Stirling Soap Co. - 24mm Fan in Finest Badger, The Penultimate Aftershave: CBL Unscented Aftershave Tonic, The Ultimate Aftershave: Chiseled Face - Cedar & Spice

1639398742040.png

I like it. Very different from Oud for Greatness. The Oud Palao seems heavier on the amber notes. I may be way off base here. In any event, the Diptyque is another nice Oud-based fragrance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, Nick.
To my nose, the Palao has a strong rose accord absent in the Initio. Rose/Oud is a tricky combo, imo. If the rose is too sweet (jammy), my nose rejects it.

14 December, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Wonderful shave this morning! Went with SV "Opuntia". Wonderful scent and the lather is exceptional! Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with the matching after shave lotion and a spray of Mont Blanc "Individuel" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Saponificio Varesino "Opuntia" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. 2 Band Finest Badger / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Opuntia" After Shave Lotion / Mont Blanc "Individuel" EdT

IMG-7925a.jpg

SOTD: 12/14/2021

1639494362641.jpeg

Razor: RazoRock Hawk v3
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 4th use
Brush: Yaqi Green Handle
Bowl: Walmart Floral Bowl
Soap: Stirling Soap Lemon Lavender Mint Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Lemon, Lavender, & Mint Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L’Homme EdT

Tuesday AM 2021-12-14
p6U8CHY.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Ethos Grooming Peppermint body shave/bath bar (prototype)
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2
Personna 74 Tungsten (19)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna aftershave (vintage)

The soap bar fit tightly into a plastic travel dish, and from there I could easily build lather onto the brush. It quickly made pretty good lather with a pleasant peppermint scent and moderate cooling on my face. I'll probably use it another time or two for shaving and then just use for a bath bar. My wife prefers to continue to use her body wash for underarm and leg shaving in the shower.
V06UPPH.jpg

December 13th and 14th
Yesterday:
Canadian NEW LC w Nacet (1)
APShave Flattop/Sapele
Stirling Mountain Man SS
Thayers
Maol Heliopteris AS
azdf.jpg
Today:
Canadian NEW LC w Nacet (2)
APShave SynBad/ Poculi
Haslinger Schafmilch SS
Thayers
Alt Innsbruck AS
arrer.jpg

Have a great day all!

Tuesday AM 2021-12-14
p6U8CHY.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Ethos Grooming Peppermint body shave/bath bar (prototype)
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2
Personna 74 Tungsten (19)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna aftershave (vintage)

The soap bar fit tightly into a plastic travel dish, and from there I could easily build lather onto the brush. It quickly made pretty good lather with a pleasant peppermint scent and moderate cooling on my face. I'll probably use it another time or two for shaving and then just use for a bath bar. My wife prefers to continue to use her body wash for underarm and leg shaving in the shower.
V06UPPH.jpg
Several hours later I need to add to post, noting that my skin feels really soft, supple, and moisturized, thanks to the soap (since I actually did not use any of the aftershave pictured). Plus I think the shave with the soap will improve if I rub it on my face first before building the lather rather than doing it in the scuttle bowl. I'll do that the next time and will report on it. This is a prototype rather than the finished retail product, so it's going to be a bit more of trial and error than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back