The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD August 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
22 August, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

The word for today and the rest of the week is "mentholated". Say it with me, kids! Men-tho-lat-ed. Hottest temps of the year (so far) are expected through the weekend. Air temps will be in the upper 90's ~ low 100's with feels-like temps from 110° ~ 115°. Went back to C.O. Bigelow's shave cream but applied a generous helping of Phoenix Shaving's "Ice Cube" preshave soap as well. Wonderfully frigid! Great lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Mint Chip" HD ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the new Badlands Shaving Cocobolo DE and I finished with Epsilon "Amber" after shave splash and Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream / WWBW "Mint Chip" HD ST Badger / Badlands Shaving DE
Alum / Epsilon "Amber" After Shave Splash / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG-2957.jpg

Wednesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Schick Type F
Blade: Schick (D3)
Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2012 LiE Badger\Boar
Bowl: Corbell Pedestal 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Nobel Otter The Noir Et Vanille
Butter: Organic Shea Butter
Aftershave: Nobel Otter The Noir Et Vanille

Wed 23
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Ozark Mountain
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 fine India Steel
I just love the scent of this soap & matching splash. The lather is top grade by the excellent brush!
The shave with this razor was very enjoyable. The diamond balsa edge is still buttery smooth and crisply keen after stroping on the roo leather...
20230823_132805.jpg

23 August, 2023

Another hot day and along with it another frigidly refreshing shave. Went back to Abbate Y La Mantia and their "Don Jose" soap. The soap is already mentholated but I kicked it up a notch by using the Phoenix Shaving "Ice Cube" preshave soap. Refreshingly cool tropical scent of coconut and banana with superb lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Lagoon" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with Williams "Aqua Velva" after shave (with some Grooming Essentials "Ice Drops" added) & Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne" EdP.

Abbate Y La Mantia "Don Jose" Shave Soap / WWBW "Lagoon" ST Badger / Rockwell 6S / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Williams "Aqua Velva" After Shave Splash / Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne" EdP

IMG-2971.jpg

23 August, 2023

Another hot day and along with it another frigidly refreshing shave. Went back to Abbate Y La Mantia and their "Don Jose" soap. The soap is already mentholated but I kicked it up a notch by using the Phoenix Shaving "Ice Cube" preshave soap. Refreshingly cool tropical scent of coconut and banana with superb lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Lagoon" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with Williams "Aqua Velva" after shave (with some Grooming Essentials "Ice Drops" added) & Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne" EdP.

Abbate Y La Mantia "Don Jose" Shave Soap / WWBW "Lagoon" ST Badger / Rockwell 6S / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Williams "Aqua Velva" After Shave Splash / Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne" EdP

View attachment 117699
I just love Abetta y La Mantia!

SOTD - 8/23/2023

Hoffmans Shave & Soap Company TUT

OUMO shaving brush Epang limited edition Hybrid shaving brush handle with an Ace A-1 handtied finest two band badger knot

Thiers Issard 275 1196 Evide Sonnant Extra French Straight Razor | Carbon Steel | 6/8 Size | Extra Full Hollow Ground | Round Point | Ebony Wood Handle | Made in France
IMG_8425.jpeg

Thursday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Schick Type F
Blade: Schick (D4)
Brush: Semogue 2020 TSN LE 24mm Silvertip
Scuttle: Yoresh
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Cream: Xpec
Balm: Xpec
Aftershave: Folsom Shambala