The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD August 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vintage 1940 Gem Junior razor
Phoenix Shaving Outdoorsman's Friend Shave soap balm and Aftershave
Phoenix Shaving travel Shaving bowl lid(fits on most soap containers in place of original lid)
Yagi 24 mm Atlantis brush handle with Machurian Silvertip Badger knot replacement
20230819_151601.jpg

19 August, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Busy day out running errands with the wife but the day started with a great shave. Been a very long time since I last used "The Dead Sea" soap & splash from RazoRock so I remedied that today. Performance wise, this has always been my favorite soap from them. Always great lather with excellent slip and cushion and the post shave face feel is so nice. Nice albeit light scent, very spicy & earthy with the rosemary, saffron and cannabis but I never have been able to detect any lemon or sandalwood. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the RazoRock Game Changer .68-P and I finished with the matching splash.

Hope you have a great day. :)

RazoRock "The Dead Sea" Shave Soap / Semogue SOC Premium Boar / RazoRock Game Changer
Gillette Platinum / Alum / RazoRock "The Dead Sea" After Shave Splash

IMG-2930.jpg

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Occam Razor SE
Blade: Feather Pro (D7)
Brush: DaVinci UOMO 293
Bowl: Turkish Porcelain Bowl 4 ½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: APR Fresca
Butter: Organic Shea Butter
Aftershave: Extro Cologne Italiana

IMG_1362.jpeg

Razor: Atelier Durdan La Faulx
Blade: Feather Artist Club Proguard, 27th use
Brush: Simpsons Tulip T2 Super Badger
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Proraso Rinfrescante Cream
Aftershave: Floïd The Genuine Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum

20 August, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave today.. Went back to Stirling Soap Co. and their "Deep Blue Sea" shave soap. Fantastic lather built with the Rich Yuengel HD silver tip brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Henson AL13 and I finished with Chanel "Bleu de Chanel" ASB & parfum.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Deep Blue Sea" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel HD ST Badger / Henson AL13 / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Chanel "Bleu de Chanel" After Shave Balm / Chanel "Bleu de Chanel" Parfum

IMG-2940.jpg

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Asylum Injector
Blade: Schick (D1)
Brush: Oumo Compass Undercurrent 31mm Manchurian
Bowl: Turkish Porcelain 4 ½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Soapy Science LOLLIPOP CITRUS (Koolada)
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling
Aftershave: Extro Cologne Italiana

Vintage Porcelain shave scuttle

Williams shave soap reduced diameter to fit

Vintage Ever Ready Shave brush pure badger knot(probably was replaced, not broken in.came that way when bought lot of gem type razors)

1927 Gold plated brass Ever Ready with chain link handle.Should I leave the patina on it or polish it ? Is the question .

Cremo palo Santo Eau De Toilette
20230820_191806.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back