The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD August 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Carbon Cx-316L
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Brush: Simpson Keyhole KH2
Lather: Martin de Candre Rose
Aftershave: Derby City Chop Shop Winter Reserve Small Batch Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Humphreys Maravilla
Osma Tradition Alum Block
878d92e5654a7de51a34ef5edd55c027.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

24 August, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

A nice boozy, mentholated shave this morning with the Stirling Soap Co. "Margarita's in the Arctic" soap and splash. No additional menthol needed with this one. Very nice icy kick all by itself. Excellent lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Breakwater" HD ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the RazoRock Game Changer and I finished with the matching splash and Demeter's "Frozen Margarita" EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Margaritas in the Arctic" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Breakwater" ST Badger / RazoRock Game Changer
Gillette Minora / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Margaritas in the Arctic" After Shave Splash / Demeter "Frozen Margarita" EdC

IMG-2978.jpg

TGIF SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Schick Repeating Razor C2
Blade: Schick (D5)
Brush: Saponificio Varesino LE Manchurian HMW 26mm
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Butter: Organic Shea Butter
Aftershave: Extro Italiana

25 August, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Another miserably hot day and along with it another refreshingly frigid shave. Went back to Proraso and their "Refreshing" (aka Green) shave cream. Already nicely mentholated but I "boosted" things up with the Phoenix Shaving "Ice Cube" preshave soap. Great scent with superb lather built with the Riva Brushes "Purpleheart" Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with the matching after shave splash & Mancera "Cedrat Boise" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso "Refreshing" Shave Cream / Riva Brushes "Purpleheart" Manchurian Badger / Rockwell 6S
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Proraso "Refreshing" After Shave Splash / Mancera "Cedrat Boise" EdP

IMG-2982.jpg

25 August 2023
IMG_1407.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Artist Club Proguard, 1st use
Brush: Simpsons Tulip T2 Super Badger
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper “Obsidian” Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Ethos Rosa Cream
Aftershave: Ethos Rosa Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum

Status