The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD August 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
18 August, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. New soap day with the Ariana & Evans "Cuban Highball". Nice fruity, boozy scent with superb lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Rosé Noir" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with Czech & Speake "Cuba" after shave & EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Ariana & Evans "Cuban Highball" Shave Soap / WWBW "Rosé Noir" ST Badger / Rockwell 6S / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Czech & Speake "Cuba" After Shave Splash / Czech & Speake "Cuba" EdC

IMG-2926.jpg

16 August, 2023

Excellent shave today. New soap day with the Mike's Natural Soaps "Bergamot, Orange, Ylang-ylang. The bergamot is most prevalent to my nose with hints of spicy, floral notes (courtesy of the ylang-ylang I'm guessing). Can't really detect much orange, but overall it's a great scent. Returned to the Supply SE as well. Still impressed with this razor. Easy to use and provides a great shave. Great lather built with the Riva Brushes "Purpleheart" Manchurian brush for two passes (+ touch-up) and I finished with Epsilon "Blue Mediterranean" after shave splash and Creed "Bois du Portugal" EdP.

Mike's Natural Soaps "Bergamot, Orange, Ylang-ylang" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes Manchurian Badger / Supply SE
Alum / Epsilon "Blue Mediterranean After Shave Splash / Creed "Bois du Portugal" EdP

View attachment 117108
Brush is killer!

40712a7e301662387a4f41b8c3c13dfb.jpg

GartBnX

Saturday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: ATT X1 SE/Wolfman WRH2
Blade: Feather Pro (D6)
Brush: Rod Neep Retro Deluxe Manchurian badger 24mm
Bowl: Black Ship Grooming 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
Shave Soap: Route 66 Retro Spice
Talcum: Shulton Old Spice
Aftershave: Sailor Jerry Spiced Navy

18 August, 2023

Great shave this morning. New soap day with the Ariana & Evans "Cuban Highball". Nice fruity, boozy scent with superb lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Rosé Noir" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with Czech & Speake "Cuba" after shave & EdC.

Ariana & Evans "Cuban Highball" Shave Soap / WWBW "Rosé Noir" ST Badger / Rockwell 6S / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Czech & Speake "Cuba" After Shave Splash / Czech & Speake "Cuba" EdC

View attachment 117260
That's 1 beautiful brush I'm envious of that!

Finally got a Gillette Fatboy Adjustable razor, hard to get for a cheap price nowadays
. Everyone wants 1. Now I know why!. Set on setting 3, but quickly went to max setting of 9, once use to straight razor light touch. Was easy to go aggressive . Nivea balm . Soap Massacre of the Innocence. Smilez4Milez Olive wood and red resin handle with a Razor Imporium Machurian bulb Silvertip Badger knot. Really breaking in nicely. Shave Nation Lather bowl . Lather leftover from a previous shave. Waste not want not!

20230818_202421.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back