The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD Apr. 11 - Apr. 17, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkB

“TSC’s Happy Hogan”
Veteran
11 April, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant weekend.

Fantastic shave this morning. Went back to First Line Shave's "My God, It's Full Of Stars" which is they're homage to Versace "Eros". And it's a pretty good one at that! Practically identical to my nose so if you're a fan of the frag, you'd really enjoy this soap/splash combo. First use of the new brush by Turned Timber and it's probably the softest I've ever felt. The only upgrade from this knot would be to just grab a chinchilla and use it to lather up with. The downside to all the softness is a lack of backbone. I prefer a little more with my shave brushes but it's not so bad that I'd think of selling it. Last use of the Phoenix Shaving Platinum Strangelet. It's a decent blade. About 6 shaves is the magic number IMO. I used it for 8 and in the future will likely swap them out after 5. Overall fantastic shave! Three passes (and a touch up) for a DFS result and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Versace "Eros" EdT.

Hope you have a great day my friends. :)

FLS "My God, It's Full Of Stars" Shave Soap / Turned Timber "Classic Custom" Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska / PAA Platinum Strangelet
Alum / FLS "My God, It's Full Of Stars" After Shave Splash (+Skin Food) / Versace "Eros" EdT

IMG-8904.jpg

11 April, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant weekend.

Fantastic shave this morning. Went back to First Line Shave's "My God, It's Full Of Stars" which is they're homage to Versace "Eros". And it's a pretty good one at that! Practically identical to my nose so if you're a fan of the frag, you'd really enjoy this soap/splash combo. First use of the new brush by Turned Timber and it's probably the softest I've ever felt. The only upgrade from this knot would be to just grab a chinchilla and use it to lather up with. The downside to all the softness is a lack of backbone. I prefer a little more with my shave brushes but it's not so bad that I'd think of selling it. Last use of the Phoenix Shaving Platinum Strangelet. It's a decent blade. About 6 shaves is the magic number IMO. I used it for 8 and in the future will likely swap them out after 5. Overall fantastic shave! Three passes (and a touch up) for a DFS result and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Versace "Eros" EdT.

Hope you have a great day my friends. :)

FLS "My God, It's Full Of Stars" Shave Soap / Turned Timber "Classic Custom" Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska / PAA Platinum Strangelet
Alum / FLS "My God, It's Full Of Stars" After Shave Splash (+Skin Food) / Versace "Eros" EdT

View attachment 80070
Thanks for the vote of confidence on First Line Shave's My God, It's Full of Stars. I have the Red and Blue Labels, from a few years back, but never really got much deeper into their products. Though, I really should, because they are St. Louis based and it's always great to support local artisans.

The label on this one looks really cool!

Thanks for the vote of confidence on First Line Shave's My God, It's Full of Stars. I have the Red and Blue Labels, from a few years back, but never really got much deeper into their products. Though, I really should, because they are St. Louis based and it's always great to support local artisans.

The label on this one looks really cool!
I think it's actually called "Star Odyssey", but I love the quote from 2001 novelization.

Monday AM 2022-04-11
International Louie Louie Day (birthdate in 1935 of the song's composer, Richard Berry)
qprFEnK.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Ivory Finest (26/60)
Penhaligon's Endymion shaving cream
Wilkinson Bonded System (6)
Yacht Club International aftershave (vintage)
oAik0ae.jpg

Mon 11 SOTD
Soap Smoking Monster Palace of Bliss
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM PTFE 7th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + RazoRock XXX Splash
Nice enough soap! The scent was good, the lather was richly creamy and very slick
The shave with this razor paired with the blade was good enough but a bit chattery atg around the lips area. 3passes for a dfs+ finish.
Aftershaves were good.
20220411_115448.jpg
Tue 12 SOTD
Soap Signature Soaps Hibernia
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Pearl Flexi Adjustable V1
Blade Astra Superior Platinum 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Signature Soaps Hibernia Splash
Wonderful soap scent plus an awesome lather...wow!
This razor and blade pairing was good and 3passes at setting 4-3-3 resulted in a bbs/dfs finish with 2 micro red beads. The matching aftershave is really good...wish it could last for many hours...
20220412_124754.jpg

SOTD: 04/12/2022

1649761002776.jpeg

Razor: PAL Adjustable
Blade: Supply Co Single Edge Injector (Black), 5th use
Brush: Boti Brush Purple & Green Stable Wood
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann 42 Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann 42 Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Barrister & Mann 42 EdP

12 April, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Fantastic shave this morning! Haven't had my "Hombres" fix in a while so I thought I remedy that today. Fantastic scent and lather from the soap. Provided an extremely slick base for the maiden flight of the new Blackland Era razor. I was very impressed with its performance. Smooth and efficient with the fresh Gillette Platinum blade. Three passes for a nigh-BBS result and I finished with some of the Hombres after shave tonic and a spray of Stetson cologne. Wonderful! 🤠

Hope you have a great day. :)

CBL Soaps "Hombres Barber Shop" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Prismatic" Synth / Blackland "Era" Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / CBL Soaps "Hombres Barber Shop" After Shave Tonic / Coty "Stetson" EdC

IMG-8908.jpg

Razor: C.V. Heljestrand MK 31
Brush: Alpha T-400 Horse Hair(Barn yard...)
Soap: De Vergulde Hand Extra Fris
Aftershave: Irisch Moos
Witch hazel: Theyers Cucumber
Balm: Lisa's Natural Irish Green Tweed
Strop: Allegro Paddle Strop 20/60 (touched up on Calico Cream finisher by a Johnathan Coe) 20/40 post

1BE753D3-022A-4E3A-AFDF-512AC16F7586.jpeg

Tuesday AM 2022-04-12
National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day
7waEfV1.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Ivory Finest (22/45)
Crabtree & Evelyn Almond Oil shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass
Wizamet Iridium Super (2)
Ginger's Garden Almond aftershave

The blade felt left my skin feeling slightly 'burned' this morning; so the GG aftershave, with its extra dose of glycerin, was quite soothing, and I love the almond scent.
zyn69px.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back