The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 1 - 7 March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 March, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave this morning. A good night's sleep really does help one's focus. 😉. New soap today. Went with Barrister and Mann's latest "The Full Measure of Man". Great lather and scent though I can't understand why it wasn't released last fall. This fragrance screams Autumn to me. Tobacco (old-school, loose-leaf, roll-your-own-cigarette type), wood notes along with spice and a vanilla / caramelized sugar sweetness. Very nice scent. One thing though, I don't understand what the label art has to do with it all. Oh well, it's a great soap nonetheless. However, it's likely going to disappear from rotation until next fall where the scent (to me) will fit better.

Hope you have a great day. :)

B&M "The Full Measure Of Man" Shave Soap / Shave Forge + PAA Synth / RazoRock Game Changer
KAI / Alum / Clubman Musk + 444 + H.A.S. / Hemingway Accoutrements Signature EdP

IMG-5533.jpg

Man I smell good! All the way around the bend...a stellar shave!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Flare Tip Rocket - 1959-61
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: APShave Co. 24mm Silk Smoke
Lather: Gentleman’s Tonic Babassu & Bergamot
Aftershave: Issey Miyake - L’Eau D’Issey Pour Homme
Additional Care:
Omega Alum Stick
Issey Miyake - L’Eau D’Issey Pour Homme
92F2FBB9-7CB7-4585-B4AB-B27156964875.jpeg

Thursday AM 2021-03-04
Knute Rockne Birthday, 1888
EENHlhA.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/45)
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 shaving cream
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH3
Polsilver Super Iridium (10)
Calvin Klein Obsession aftershave

SNHxlqW.jpg

Fri 5th SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + The Goodfellas Smile Orange Empire AS
Long ignored soap. One of my fav soap. The nice orangey scent, easy to lather, and beautifully creamy and slick too.
This razor with the blade continues to provide a silky smooth and comfortable shave. Another glass-like BBS result after 3passes. I am amazed at the ease and the efficiency especially at areas (adam apple) where other DE razors just can't reach. The AS is new and matched perfectly with the soap. Very uplifting for the morning...another very good and enjoyable shave for the day!
20210305_090201.jpg

05 March 2021 AEST

IMG-20210304-220132.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Blue & Gold 30mm Tuxedo
Razor: Merker 37C
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (6)
Pre: Shower
Soap: AP Reserve Fougere, Rose, Bourbon
Post: AP Reserve Fougere, Rose, Bourbon A/S Splash // Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm // Neutrogena Hydro Boost SPF50+ Lotion
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Have a great Weekend!

Williams 3017: Day 31

Missed posting yesterday, but we have achieved getting to the bottom of the bowl. Only a few more shaves until the Willy is gone. Enjoyed my first SR love today. What an extra keen edge she has, and such sexy scales. Glassy smooth BBS today.

Razor: K.W. & Co "St Louis" #9827 (6)
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 22mm badger
Soap: Williams Mug "Wild Willy" (mixed with Avon Wild Country)
Splash: Avon Light Musk
Balm: EMJ Signature Mint

20210305_042748.jpg

20210305_071048.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back