The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD 1 - 7 March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG-20210228-220335.jpg
01 March 2021 AEST

Brush: PAA Alpha Rocket
Razor: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (2)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Washpool Bergamot, Patchouli, Cedarwood 🇦🇺
Post: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm // Neutrogena Hydro Boost SPF50 Lotion // Mr Royal Cologne
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

Not much left to shave after yesterdays effort with the Rocca. Great performance from this soap but not a fan of cedarwood as its way too over powering/earthy! (n)

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Mon SE SOTD
Soap B&M Cheshire 1st Use (y)(y)(y) (with thanks to a member here)
Brush Yaqi 24mm Heavy Metal Tuxedo
Razor GEM Clog Pruf(y)(y)(y)
Blade GEM Stainless 14th Use(y)(y)(y)(with thanks to a member here)
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
1st use of the soap sample and ohh boy...the scent is amazing even before lathering. Gorgeous and awesome good strength scent! The lather is beautifully creamy and slick too, and as usual, I made way too much...will keep it for the next day. Excellent soap this!! Will sure be on my list now!
Shave with razor paired with the well-used blade was fantastic! I strop the blade prior and wow...crisply smooth and so comfortable for 3passes, even for the usual problem area atg pass on chin & lips with this SE razor. Very close mostly bbs result previously never achieved with the razor. No weepers, creepers nor irritation. Excellent aftershave. At this rate...I may not have to buy more GEM blades...hahaha
20210228_214921.jpg

20210301_075552.jpg

MONDAY ‌03/01/21 SOTD
ATT Windsor Pro SB90 / Rapira Platinum Lux
Maggard‌ ‌22mm‌ ‌Aluminum‌ ‌Handle‌ ‌2-Band‌‌
Zingari Man The Watchman Sego Shaving Soap
Zingari Man The Watchman Aftershave Recovery Splash

xn0nvPD.jpg

Williams 3017: Day 28

The Williams marches on, and as expected it a good SR soap. Quite happy to try out my new-to-me Number 8 Special. It has a keen edge, but I need to get back in the swing after a month off, and only about 15 straight razor shaves under my belt before that. Quite good results today, DFS with a few red spots for the alum to close up.

Razor: Simmons Hardware Co Number 8 Special (1)
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Soap: Williams Mug "Wild Willy" (mixed with Avon Wild Country)
Splash: Pinaud Whisky Woods
Balm: EMJ Sig Mint

20210228_185703.jpg

1 March, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

We've made it to March! Days are getting longer and (the best part) warmer. But, I know not to get too excited. If you're not familiar with how seasons work here in Alabama, here's how it goes. The red arrow denotes our current position in the yearly cycle. Some like to substitute "Tornado Season" for "Actual Spring". So if you find yourself in Alabama and you don't like the weather, wait a day. :rolleyes:

March 1.jpg
Great shave today! Skipped yesterday so there was a little extra stubble to mow through today. The Kai / Game Changer combo made short work of it. A smooth three passes! Finished with some Spanish Floid Vigoroso and a spray of Dior Homme EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

PAA"Sangre De Drago" Shave Soap / WCS 26mm Finest Badger / RazoRock Game Changer
KAI / Alum / Spanish Flid Vigoroso + Hyaluronic Acid Serum / Dior Homme EdT

IMG-5500.jpg

Tue 2nd SOTD
Soap B&M Cheshire
Brush Yaqi 24mm Heavy Metal Tuxedo
Razor Pearl Flexi Adjustable V1
Blade KAI 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
Reused previous-day lather. It was dried-up but with some added water, wow! From dried-up back to a nice creamy and slick lather. The scent remains consistent...very nice!!!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Really heavy razor and just a very minor imbalance for both sides of blade exposure. At setting 4-4-3 it was smooth and comfortable for 3passes for a mostly bbs result but 1 micro weeper. Excellent aftershaves.
20210302_070023.jpg

02 March 2021 AEST

IMG-20210301-220643.jpg

Brush: PAA Alpha Rocket
Razor: RR Baby Smooth Al
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (3)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Washpool Bergamot, Patchouli, Cedarwood
Post: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm // Neutrogena Hydro Boost SPF50 Lotion // Mr Royal Cologne
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Williams 3017: Day 29

I think the soap is mocking me now, but I will persevere. Took some extra time getting to know the C4 razor and almost hit that BBS. I just missed the mark a touch right under the chin, but otherwise a solid DFS++.

Razor: Curtain & Clark Cutlery Co. KCMO (1)
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Soap: Williams Mug "Wild Willy" (mixed with Avon Wild Country)
Splash: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
Balm: EMJ Sig Mint

20210302_071318.jpg

20210302_053430.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back