The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SORRENTINO BRUSHWORKS

nor added it to anything already finished.
That would be an issue. The brush would have to be completely finished before applying the drip, and it would have to match the handle without much finishing after you applied it. And if you messed up you'd probably have to rework the handle.

Based on the comments about the difficulty of fabricating a "drip"....I rescind my suggestion. Just remove the ice cubes and call it a beer brush.......sort-of a brown ale beer brush.

drips of super glue?
That is possible, if it was going to be a clear drip instead of foam. I might give it a try.

I have accidently had the foamy drip occur while using a table top epoxy finish. But never did it intentionally, nor added it to anything already finished.

Unfortunately, I don't have a suggestion on making it work. My first thoughts would be either cost prohibitive or unlikely to bond.

That would be an issue. The brush would have to be completely finished before applying the drip, and it would have to match the handle without much finishing after you applied it. And if you messed up you'd probably have to rework the handle.
Exactly. I've scrapped out enough handles this year already lol. I'll save experimenting for another time when my sense of adventure has returned.

I did have some time to play around in the shop and came up with something fun. I'm calling the color combo The Todoroki, but if you're not a fan of My Hero Academia then Fire & Ice would work.

tBlmV4Wl.jpg

This just came in today. Pictures do not do it justice.
View attachment 104964

This came in today as well. And like Don said, the pic really doesn’t do it justice. Now off to TGN for a knot.

View attachment 104985

Absolutely beautiful handle just arrived today - here is the handle alone and with the knot I picked out for it. Called Clownpuke of course!

View attachment 105064View attachment 105065

Thanks so much guys. I’m glad that you’re happy with them.

I’m back to working pretty ridiculous hours. There are also the two furry dependents that require some attention so they don’t forget who I am and attack me when I walk in the door, so I haven’t even stepped foot in the workshop in longer than I want to think about. Things should slow down enough by spring that I might be able to start back up again.

Hope you are doing okay.. Its been a while since I saw anything from you...

I’m still kicking. Still on a 12 hour/6-7 day work week. We’re going back to 8 hours next week, so I’ll be able to catch up on many things that I’ve had to let slide over the last several months. Sadly the reason that we went to 2 shifts instead of 3 still applies, so we’ll likely be going back to 12 within a month or so.

I hope everyone is doing well, and hope to catch up a bit before too long.

I’m still kicking. Still on a 12 hour/6-7 day work week. We’re going back to 8 hours next week, so I’ll be able to catch up on many things that I’ve had to let slide over the last several months. Sadly the reason that we went to 2 shifts instead of 3 still applies, so we’ll likely be going back to 12 within a month or so.

I hope everyone is doing well, and hope to catch up a bit before too long.
Glad to hear you are doing well. I hope things ease up for you soon... It was good to see you on here....

Hey Dude!! Glad all is well!! We miss you

Glad to hear your doing ok, would love to see you on a Zoom call and catch up.

Glad to hear you are doing well. I hope things ease up for you soon... It was good to see you on here....

Thanks guys! It is entirely possible that I’ll be able to make the tail end of some weekday Zoom calls. I miss all you guys and hope to hop on one soon.

Back