The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

So eBIG stuff on the horizon

Those look like nice bowls... Do you think any special care needs to be taken with them in regards to moisture and swelling or anything?
I’ve been using (abusing) one for about 8 months now, the clear sealant does a great job of protecting them from moisture. I repeatedly added and removed soap from the bowl (filling with hot soap as well as just pressing cold pucks into the bowl) and the coating has held up well. There is a spot that the sealant has just now worn off, I simply rubbed a bit of beard oil into the wood and smashed more soap into the bowl. I chose bamboo because it really is one of the woods that does well under the conditions soap bowls are going to experience. Basswood was a close second choice (the laminated aspect of the bamboo caused me pause but after testing the coated proof of concept I was convinced). The design you see isn’t exactly as it was intended to be but it’s close, I have been told the next batch run will be closer to the specs I was after. I’m pretty pleased regardless, I think the wet shaving community deserves to have wood bowls again.

Then a special release of Dragon’s Blood in a very limited edition ‘Fusion x’ base
Saw it on the site and ordered!

We-got-one-1.gif

Back