The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shawn's forging shed

Soon..............Forged In Fire Champion...................You aced that first cut and restack. The press is a game changer when it comes to Damascus.

Thanks guys! The new press is really opening up new opportunities. I can make a Damascus billet in very little time now and it is actually something I can afford to make and sell. By hand it takes way too much time and material to make anything affordable if I figured in what it took and what I lost in scale from so many heats.

Still here, still kicking, and renewed my hobbyist with the hopes of getting time in the shop as well as some time to share.

No knives to show at the moment, but I do have 3 Stacked billets drawn out and ready for making blades so hopefully soon.

I also have found an amazing resource close to my house. Walter Baranowski not only has won forged in fire, but is also an ABS journeyman bladesmith. He has been very helpful any time I text him with a question but also is a great guy in person.

At some point, I have the powdered steel, bearings, and canisters all prepped and ready for a try.

As far as pictures, the only thing I have to show at the moment is my latest toy addition. It's a 27 inch evenheat heat treat oven with digital controller.

1000004717.jpg

I will hopefully be posting more here soon as well as trying to make a little more time to be on the site in general.

Still here, still kicking, and renewed my hobbyist with the hopes of getting time in the shop as well as some time to share.

No knives to show at the moment, but I do have 3 Stacked billets drawn out and ready for making blades so hopefully soon.

I also have found an amazing resource close to my house. Walter Baranowski not only has won forged in fire, but is also an ABS journeyman bladesmith. He has been very helpful any time I text him with a question but also is a great guy in person.

At some point, I have the powdered steel, bearings, and canisters all prepped and ready for a try.

As far as pictures, the only thing I have to show at the moment is my latest toy addition. It's a 27 inch evenheat heat treat oven with digital controller.

View attachment 127187

I will hopefully be posting more here soon as well as trying to make a little more time to be on the site in gene

Glad to see you back !!!!!!!

Back