The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sardines

So I would be willing to give these a go I am intrigued. But I am kind of picky about fish. I am NOT a fan usually of red fish like Salmon or trout for example. Unless I have caught it and cooked it that day. But I love white fish like bass, halibut, cod, panfish, perch etc.

So where do sardines land?

So I would be willing to give these a go I am intrigued. But I am kind of picky about fish. I am NOT a fan usually of red fish like Salmon or trout for example. Unless I have caught it and cooked it that day. But I love white fish like bass, halibut, cod, panfish, perch etc.

So where do sardines land?
Not like any of those really. Canned sardines are going to be a little oily. I personally don't think they are overly fishy tasting...but I like fish. They do have a "smell" to them out of the can that is on the strong side that many people don't like. Fresh sardines are different. They don't smell as strong and can be flakey when grilled. Maybe a little like smelt.

I like the seasons small sardines best in olive oil. I’ve had them with a pinch of cider vinegar, onion and hot sauce..mmmm
I enjoy the kippers you mentioned and smoked trout from trader joe. Both good eats!

"I need a Priest ...a Rabbi..... and... A Mule” should be appended with "and a can of sardines," or changed to "The spinal crunching Sardine King."

I grew up eating all that fish in a can and fresh smoked fish. Sardines in olive oil is great. There is a Portuguese resttaurant in my neighborhood that serves grilled sardines. There is no words to describe how delicious it is.

I grew up eating all that fish in a can and fresh smoked fish. Sardines in olive oil is great. There is a Portuguese resttaurant in my neighborhood that serves grilled sardines. There is no words to describe how delicious it is.

Periodically I've seen whole sardines in the fish department of my local supermarket. One of these days i'm going to buy some, throw a little salt and pepper on them, toss them in olive oil and grill them up. I've never done that but I bet they're delicious.

No. I can't eat all that at once, and I don't want to waste any if I only eat a little per can. I do plan on trying most of these over the next few weeks. I'm doing ADF so I'm only eating 4 days a week, and plan on having a can at least 3 of those days to help break my fast.

Back