The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Saponificio Varesino is Teasing us..... again

Ive got a question for anyone who has both MDC Vetiver and SV’s new Desert Vetiver. How do they compare?
I’m not a big fan of a straight forward Vetiver in the theme of let’s say Guerlain Vetiver. I do like MDC’s Vetiver though. I like using Vetiver as one of the base notes in a complex scent.
I’ve got some SV soaps I like the scents of but before pulling the trigger on this one I’d like to hear some comparisons.

Ive got a question for anyone who has both MDC Vetiver and SV’s new Desert Vetiver. How do they compare?
I’m not a big fan of a straight forward Vetiver in the theme of let’s say Guerlain Vetiver. I do like MDC’s Vetiver though. I like using Vetiver as one of the base notes in a complex scent.
I’ve got some SV soaps I like the scents of but before pulling the trigger on this one I’d like to hear some comparisons.
Frank: In my opinion this is not as "Vetiver forward" as MdC is and a much better blend. There is a whole bunch going on here and as typical with SV more of a symphony with a Vetiver theme Here are the complete notes as well:

Desert Vetiver.jpg

Frank: In my opinion this is not as "Vetiver forward" as MdC is and a much better blend. There is a whole bunch going on here and as typical with SV more of a symphony with a Vetiver theme Here are the complete notes as well:

View attachment 27296
Definitely a complex scent I’ll have to try to get a sample of it. Thank you for the fragrance profile.
😊👍🏼

So anyone that got the Desert Vetiver.........did your restrictor look different than other SV in the same bottle ? @Spider @BarberDave @Cvargo here it is next to my Opuntia and the restrictor is way down inside.....Is that normal for this release?
IMG_20200625_163630325.jpgIMG_20200625_163633469.jpgIMG_20200625_163611031.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200625_163630325.jpg
    IMG_20200625_163630325.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 4
Messaged the seller with the pics and asked what happened. He said he wasn't sure and would issue me a 15% refund If I wanted to keep it or a full refund to return it........................ I ain't giving it up now and want the set so....

I will say it is a shame with how good the product is and the bottle to drop the ball on these restrictors 🤷‍♂️

That is the restrictor as mentioned in the video series, and it is the way most of them are. A Jeris or large bottle pinaud restrictor works it was meant to be held by the thumb so better control flow and designed for barber usage on those bottles, to me not a big deal at all

That is the restrictor as mentioned in the video series, and it is the way most of them are. A Jeris or large bottle pinaud restrictor works it was meant to be held by the thumb so better control flow and designed for barber usage on those bottles, to me not a big deal at all
Why the difference between Opuntia and This one? Did you look at the picture? All you said in the video is it stinks, you didn't show it.

I agree it stinks from a flow stand poiint but not enought to worry about, manufacturers change things up some times, and my Cosmo and is the same as DV, and my Dolomiti did not come with one. As to the Top Restrictor vs the Internal, I have notice the top type leaks a bit more when opening and closing, and the internal one traps it

My Cosmo has that reducer too. The first use I hated it. I felt like I wasted aftershave, but the second time I used it I barely tipped the bottle and the flow was actually pretty nice. It was easy enough to control the flow and it didn't splash all over my palm. Just my thoughts with that reducer. Hope you have similar luck as I did Dave.

Is there a US distributor for this soap yet?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back