The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Saponificio Varesino is Teasing us..... again

I'd be willing to bet that Bogeyman's post was in jest.

Unfortunately @cmh737 it was not, and there was history. Opinions are good but when they degrade or discount the opinions of members the line is drawn. We will not allow the TSC to go down the path of some of the other forums where a member cannot post an opinion without being debased. We will never allow a bully, and it was his decision to leave as he felt the TOU was too restrictive. I appreciate your comment.

I have a batch of their aftershave samples in many many varieties. If someone can confirm their the same scent, I could send these to you so you'd have an idea of what scents you'd prefer. There's at least 8 or 10 single shot samples.

@BarberDave , any thoughts on the scents - AS vs Soap?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
That is very Nice of You and would gladly except your offer Thank You :)

Yes the beta 4.3 is a bit slicker and better skin properties but they are very close. The 4.3 also has a bit better post and fragrance strength IMHO

I agree that on at least the set I have, 70th, the scent match is pretty dead on and the AS has some really nice longevity.

This Desert Vetiver has really piqued my interest! I’m looking forward to Cadre thoughts on it.

I'm curious, for anyone who has tried the Desert Vetiver...... can anyone compare it the the vetiver in either Dr Jekyll or Mr Hyde from THB?

Much Stronger and sharper IMHO
Ok, but in terms of scent. Vetivers are typically one dimensional, or very vetiver forward. THB’s are very complex and well rounded. There’s a lot of other stuff in it that compliments the vetiver, and makes it shine.

Is that what Desert Vetiver is like? If I like The scent of THB’s will I like SV as well?

THB’s are amazing and one of my favorite scents.

Ok, but in terms of scent. Vetivers are typically one dimensional, or very vetiver forward. THB’s are very complex and well rounded. There’s a lot of other stuff in it that compliments the vetiver, and makes it shine.

Is that what Desert Vetiver is like? If I like The scent of THB’s will I like SV as well?

THB’s are amazing and one of my favorite scents.
I dont think the SV is as sweet. I just sniffed them both side to side and for once the SV is stronger and sharper and more Vetivery if that makes sense, but I know your olfactory is from Vogon, LOL so I think you will like it more, but you are an Enigma. Mr Radioactive, LOL No,J/K I think you would like it more, but it is sharper

I guess I’m not asking my question right. I’m not asking about the Vetiver note itself, per se. I’m just trying to get a feel for what it smells like on the whole. Is the SV a plain Vetiver scent like Guerlain Vetiver...... or is it a blended scent like Jekyll & Hyde? If it’s a complex scent, what else do you smell apart from Vetiver?

Back