The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rich Tries to post a video.

I did a dry fitting of the razor and detect a little bit of tightness in the threads when screwing the handle to the head. At full rightness, there is a bit of play. I will try it with a blade to see if that fixes it.

I used a Gillette Silver Blue, and as a comparison, I also brought a vintage handle of the same design. It threads to the head with no problems at all. I conclude the plating may have been applied to the threads enough to snug it up a bit. The head does lock the blade with no play at all. The blade exposure is even and appears the gap is even too. I can’t wait to try it out tomorrow.

The head is clearly a Mulhe, but the handle is clearly modeled after the original, but significantly heavier.
image.jpg

I started using my SIR Fougere (tonsorial) stick this morning. Smells great, works great! I think your issue face lathering this morning is simply not enough product.

Rich, did you up and shave in the middle of the day with no pre-shave shower and in your out and about clothes?

You do know that you don't need to rinse the razor if only one side is full of lather+whiskers, right? It's called a DE for a reason. 🤪

Back