The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Razorock Game Changer

Just my first shave with this razor but atm the difference between it and the standard GC are minimal. Tiny amount more blade feel but efficiency and aggression seem similar. JAWS should be here by early next week and we shall see how it compares. Supposed to be more aggressive than either of the others

Did anyone see that the OC plates only are available now! I got Jaws in and it is a beast and a lovely one I might add.

Picked this one up off the b/s/t a week ago and it came in yesterday. First shave last night and it was a good one. I find it almost equal to the GC in the sb configuration in smoothness with a nice bump up in efficiency and blade feel that was very pleasing. Another winner in the RR line up.....

A8ABBA6B-6799-4C32-B719-EA02C23B7F4B.jpeg

I'm interested in getting the Gamechanger OC. But I want it with the HD handle. 85mm is my size. Unfortunately they are sold out of that combination. Strangely, they are not sold out of other handle combinations with the OC. And even more strangely they have just the HD handle in stock. I wrote to IB asking about this strange circumstance and was told it is an inventory issue. They cannot just take a HD handle and pair it with the OC head that had come with a different handle. I still don't understand it but that's what they said. I have it in writing. So, essentially their inventory issues are preventing them from selling razors. Seem counterintuitive. Then again, I'm not in retail.

I'm interested in getting the Gamechanger OC. But I want it with the HD handle. 85mm is my size. Unfortunately they are sold out of that combination. Strangely, they are not sold out of other handle combinations with the OC. And even more strangely they have just the HD handle in stock. I wrote to IB asking about this strange circumstance and was told it is an inventory issue. They cannot just take a HD handle and pair it with the OC head that had come with a different handle. I still don't understand it but that's what they said. I have it in writing. So, essentially their inventory issues are preventing them from selling razors. Seem counterintuitive. Then again, I'm not in retail.
Yea I don’t think you’re alone in that confusion. Whether the handles and razor heads came from different production houses or the same one (which I suspect because of this issue), having that extra step of customizability would just make sense.

Yea I don’t think you’re alone in that confusion. Whether the handles and razor heads came from different production houses or the same one (which I suspect because of this issue), having that extra step of customizability would just make sense.

Or, why not take some of the razor heads and pair them with some of the handles that they don't have paired with a head but show up as "Sold Out" on the razor page? Do a simple bar code scan and POOF, you're done. Maybe I should be in retail. :cool:

The Gamechanger just continues to go about its business without much fanfare. And it delivers every time. The .84 JAWS is the more efficient feeling razor of the trio that I have (don’t own the regular OC version, yet), the .84 & .68 GC’s but, for me the .84 is the easiest and best all around shaver of the bunch for my shaving needs. Efficient yet, still smooth on the skin. Outstanding performers all of them and the value is virtually unmatched in the wet shaving world imo....

A7475ED9-5F07-4486-8704-9C0728E984F8.jpeg

I love my .84 SB Game Changer but just could not resist ordering the .84 OC base plate and the .68 JAWS which I just today received. I now have a theoretical step down to .68 JAWS and a step up to .84 OC from my .84 SB. I am well versed in changing base plates between passes in both my Karve and my Rockwell systems and I now anticipate doing so with my Game Changer as well. If what I have works out, I would like to get all the base plates.

I have about ten shaves with my RR .84 Open Comb and I can report that it shaves very well. I have had to concentrate on backing off on pressure, particularly when I am going against the grain on my neck. When I lose concentration and put a little too much pressure I get irritation in that area. This has occurred several times and I have had to apply Cool Fix (what a great product that is!) to the area to alleviate the irritation. Otherwise, the OC version of this razor gives me a close and trouble-free shave.

Half of the shaves were with a GSB blade and half with a Rapira Platinum Lux DE blade. I was able to buy 100 Rapira blades from Italian Barber in the same order as my OC baseplate on special for $6.99. The Gillette Silver Blue blade is an excellent match for the .84 OC and I like it better than the Rapira which has been a good blade in this razor as well, just not as good or as long lasting as the GSB.

I am fully in agreement with @GlazedBoker that these Game Changer razors are "Outstanding performers all of them and the value is virtually unmatched in the wet shaving world..."

Back