The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ramblings of a MilkCrate

AFDF2393-8EF5-4CC6-BFE2-24CDF7C0559A.jpeg

Shave Count (DE: 261 SR: 174)

Pre Shave-
Warm water splash to shave.

Shave-
Gillette Old Type
Astra SP (3)
Vintage boar travel brush
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Red AS

Tried something a bit different today. I grabbed a travel brush that I had bought, but never used. When soaking the knot, the tips didn’t turn white, so maybe it wasn’t used much. Went with the 30 second load time on the soap and whipped up a very nice lather that smelled great. Hair was stiff but not real scritchy. Not a lot of splay, but very usable. Had enough lather for 3 passes and a post shave lather.

Went with my standard shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Another great shave this morning, these vintage DEs really are a joy. Just zip around your face without a care in the world. Wrapped it up and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Love that Sandalwood scent. Really nice shave and I smell great. Looks like we are stuck inside today due to thunderstorms, so not sure what to do with myself. I’m sure I’ll find something to do. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 261 SR: 175)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
Boker SR
Zenith boar
Proraso Red soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
Proraso Red AS

Stayed fairly close to yesterday’s shave. Changed out the razor and brush, but stayed with a boar. Went with a 30 second load time on the soap and whipped up another great smelling lather. I had a messy lather with a ton left over, it was great.

50 laps on the leather and I was ready Still haven’t fixed that nick and I found a second one. I should get those taken care of today. Went with my standard shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. An outstanding shave that was relaxing and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and quick towel dry. A glug of the AS and everything was right as rain! Yup ... love me some Sandalwood. More storms rolling in today and I have some errands to knock out before they get here. Easy day today and we’ll see how it shakes out. Life is good!

Shave Count (DE: 261 SR: 176)

Pre Shave-

Shave-
J Allen & Sons SR
Vulfix badger
WSP Gaelic Tweed soap

Post Shave-
Warm water splash
WSP Gaelic Tweed AS

New week and a new bit of kit, so everything got changed out. WSP's Gaelic Tweed sounded like a good choice for the week. Ran the brush just a bit wetter this morning, kept the 30 second load time and whipped up a very nice lather that smelled great. Even with a spash of water between passes, the lather never broke.

50 laps on the leather and it was go time. Went with my standard shave of: WTG, XTG and ATG and have no drama to report. Nice, very nice! This blade was as smooth as butter and I am BBS for the win!

Wrapped everything up with a splash of water and quick towel dry. A double shot of the AS and everything was right as rain! That was just a fantastic shave, I just can't say enough about it. And did I mention that I smell great? Looks like the rain has past for a few days too. Sort of a short week at work, so let's get this party started and see what Monday holds for us. Life is good!

Back