The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Prepared Update from Dave and Sharon

Tcr GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Count Fingers GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Saw that Surgery went well Dave! Did they they let you out? or did they throw you out? 🤪

Either way...here is to speedy recovery!
Thanks Don. Got started late but all went well was home by about 5 stoned out of my gourd but walking. Today has been much better. Trying to walk short distances, but have the walked close by, and Sharon as limited me to
Inside only as she is afraid if i go try to
Touch the surface of the sun, going to be 117 today, that i will pass out and she if will have to pick my butt up LOL. For day two post op. Things going ok

I'm picturing Don there in person.....
BrilliantLastAustralianfurseal-size_restricted.gif
I wondered where that came from. I dont even remember entering the surgical theater. Got an iv push in pre-op and remember telling Sharon i Loved her. Next thing waking up in recovery
Dave posted and update on the book of faces while on his way home.
Yup

Just a quick note to thank everyone again for all the comments, texts, and phone calls.
Surgery went as expected although a bit later than i thought. It’s funny, you would think that the 1st thing i would ask the recovery nurse and doc, how did it go, or ask myself, wow… i can feel my left leg, and it does not feel like it is exploding, but NO!
“Can i get a cup coffee”?
At that point they could have screwed up the procedure, or even killed me on the table, i still NEEDED a cup of Joe hahah
Amazing what we take for granted and what we crave. I know it was crap coffee served in a styrofoam mini cup, but I had the nurse believing that she was the best Barrista on the planet. It was so good! Even when the let Sharon in the recovery room, I put a finger up when she asked how I was, so I could finish and savor the last sips of this life giving elixir. I am sure i will pay for that little stunt later hahah

i can walk again….well shuffle at this point, but no major pain. A little by the incision but no where near the 3- weeks of hell leading up to it. Now recovery. For now 3 days from now a shower, a stand up shave with a straight razor and all that goodness. Again, the thing we take for granted, when we cannot do them
Again, my thanks to all of you the Cadre! You define the definition and meaning of that word. You are family! Sharon and I appreciate you more than you know. Chris, Chad, myself, as well as the Concierge staff thank you for being here and for all that you do for the Cadre.
Thanks for being you!

Back