The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Prepared Update from Dave and Sharon

The Shaving Cadre Owners

TSC Staff
Staff member
Owner
This is a prepared message sent to Chad from Dave to be posted to the cadre. A similar message was sent to his barber clientele.

I wanted to take the time to thank all of you for the well wishes and prayers to our family in the passing of my wife's mother. As many of you knew we had been caregivers to her for a number of years and she recently was given the news of a malignant tumor in her lower GI tract. She opted against surgery, due to her age, age and the risk factors of recovery. Beverly ( Sharon's Mom ) wanted to come home for more of a "holistic" healing and possibly a "re-visit" of the surgical possibilities at a later date. Not to mention the chance to see her kids, grand kids, and great grand kids, in the event things did not get better.

The following is an update from my somewhat vague announcement of her passing, as we wanted to ensure that all family members were notified of the actual events leading to Beverly's passing

Many of you who are on social media or watch the local CBS news may have seen a report on a Fire, where one occupant was deceased. This was Sharon's mom. Rather than field a ton of questions when I return I felt it important to address what happened, as I do feel you folks are family. The beauty of being a barber.

At approximately 0224 hrs, Beverly called my wife indicating she saw something that looked like fire in her hallway. As many of you know Beverly had been bed ridden for some yrs. at 0226 Sharon awoke me exclaiming that her mom's porch was on fire. at this point I ran across our property, with 911 on the phone. There was no access to the back door due to the fire and her mom had been re-located to the living room for views of the mountains. By 0228 I was at the front door and kicked it in, but was overcome by smoke before I could get to Beverly, and repeated calls to her came unanswered. She was in my opinion, based on my previous experience as a firefighter deceased already, and was later confirmed. By the time the fire crews began throwing water on the fire it was almost fully involved. My priorities now fell on keeping my wife from trying to rush in and comforting her.

Later, based on certain factors that smoke inhalation, rather than burning was the most plausible cause of death.

You may ask, why am I sharing this, in detail... Well it prevents question, the rumor mill, and it is in a way a partial healing for me. As right now my concentration is being strong for her family, coordinating all of the administrative crap that goes with planning, such as arranging flights, dealing with the insurance company ( irony at it's best ), and most importantly keeping my wife protected from the barrage of things that so often accompany the passing of a loved one. Many of you know as we get older, we become begrudgingly experts at this. Anyway I wanted to share to give you a more clear picture of the events leading to my closing the shop for awhile and the circumstances involved.

With that there are some updates to the closures. Initially, and as the signage on the shop indicates, I was planning to attempt to return on Wednesday the 3rd of March. However, due to the fact that many of these events occurred on the weekend, the families, Medical Examiner, Mortuary items, administrative items, and coordination of transportation will not occur till this coming week. As such I am renting a large vehicle and in essence will become a chauffeur, to allow a more efficient and ease for the family, and this way the brothers and sisters can concentrate on healing, and I can remove some of the more mundane items from them and take care of.

Thank you for the support sent to Sharon and I.

Thanks,
Dave Eisenhuth

Dave and Sharon ,
My heart is so heavy for you both. To lose a parent is painful enough but to lose one due to a horrid series of events just adds to the pain. I will continue to pray for you and your family and if there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to reach out.

From My Family to Yours we are very sorry that this happened and you are all in our thoughts and prayers....

My goodness, I am so sorry. Words escape me. What a horrible situation. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Dave.

It is always hard to choose the right words for someones passing under even more expected circumstances. I hope and pray for the universe to help you all through these times.

There are never words for when we find ourselves in a situation such as this. Dave I know the reading of the mental “occurrence report” when I hear it. It is healthy and very necessary to lay it all out so we can come to grips with all we did. You did all you could Dave for your family. Blessings and prayers Dave to you and Sharon. Chin up, shoulders back Brother. Keep the family close and love them lots.

Horrible. The only sliver of positive news is that her death was caused by inhalation. I'm so sorry to hear this, Dave. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Sharon, and family.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Dave. We'll be keeping you and your family in prayer. If you need anything at all please don't hesitate to reach out.

Dave,

Words cannot express how sorry I am that you are going through this. Please accept my heartfelt condolences for you, your wife, and your family.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Very sorry to hear this, take care of the family.

I wonder about the porch fire,... arson?

I had a good conversation with Dave today. Things are going as well as expected.

Medical examiner advised they believe she felt no pain, and just fell asleep and the smoke inhalation is what ultimately is cause if death.

The body has been release and the funeral is scheduled for a week from today.

Dave and Sharon want to express their gratitude to everyone here and thank you all for the kind words and gestures.

Back