The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #209 (DE:78 SE:51 Str:78 Cart:0) - 715 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (1)
Stirling synth
Storybook Soapworks Hook
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Storybook Soapworks Hook AS
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

Hold on, I need to grab my breakfast. Alright, I'm back and WMRK is on. I woke up late so needed to keep it simple this morning. Saw the Hook AS and decided to go for it. It seems a bit odd. I don't know if I get bored with things after a while or when I enjoy scent wise changes. I used to love this stuff. It's still an awesome strong leather, but now the notes seem a little too artificial to me and it's coming off as cheap. I did layer with some Tom Ford to class it up a bit.

I think my eyeglass prescription has changed over the COVID days and of course the clinic has been closed to be able to get an exam. It looks like the one up in the city might be opening up at the end of the month. Anyone else that needs progressive glasses switch to contacts? With all this mask wearing I've been thinking about it. And I know they can do it with weighted contacts. But it sounds like what's in focus at any one time could be irritatingly small. And I hate eyeball stuff, so it would be a hurdle getting comfortable putting them in. But then I'd get to wear nice sunglasses again too!

Ditch the funk man! Shake it off! :ROFLMAO:

I need to get new glasses too. My prescription hasn’t changed much...but the current lens/frame pair is a good 20 years old at the least...

I feel your pain, dude. My glasses fogging up is getting really old. If it's remotely feasible, and you're okay with poking your eyes daily, I'd say go for it. It's not that bad after a while and the freedom from glasses is awesome.

2020 shave #209 (DE:78 SE:51 Str:78 Cart:0) - 715 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (1)
Stirling synth
Storybook Soapworks Hook
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Storybook Soapworks Hook AS
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

Hold on, I need to grab my breakfast. Alright, I'm back and WMRK is on. I woke up late so needed to keep it simple this morning. Saw the Hook AS and decided to go for it. It seems a bit odd. I don't know if I get bored with things after a while or when I enjoy scent wise changes. I used to love this stuff. It's still an awesome strong leather, but now the notes seem a little too artificial to me and it's coming off as cheap. I did layer with some Tom Ford to class it up a bit.

I think my eyeglass prescription has changed over the COVID days and of course the clinic has been closed to be able to get an exam. It looks like the one up in the city might be opening up at the end of the month. Anyone else that needs progressive glasses switch to contacts? With all this mask wearing I've been thinking about it. And I know they can do it with weighted contacts. But it sounds like what's in focus at any one time could be irritatingly small. And I hate eyeball stuff, so it would be a hurdle getting comfortable putting them in. But then I'd get to wear nice sunglasses again too!
I have begun to think the same.... It is the whole sticking something in your eyes thing

Layer of flavor? That’s an interesting theory.
Sounds good too.
Fluffy pro tip : I find that bacon adds another very good “layer of flavor” 😎
I’m not totally sure that applies here, but I’ll remember it!

You need to come up with a name for your deck. With the addition of fine spirits to the select tobacco products being enjoyed on it. It has ceased to be “just” a deck. Might even necessitate a dress code. 🤔
Speaking of, I'm taking 1/2 Cadre Friday. Got tired of not getting any time out there. I don't know what they sealed it with, but it's still not 100% cured and the last coat went on a week ago. Finally decided last night I'm going to wear shoes out there and take them off when I get back inside. So I enjoyed a bowl of Frog Morton Cellar out there last night and am getting the coffee made for morning cadre updates there.

Well that deck you have looks like a great place to take a full Cadre Friday to me!

I used to use progressive contacts when I was doing acrobatics. They aren’t bad at all. Some people prefer suing two Rx different lenses, one in each eye, but I couldn’t handle that at all. The downside with mine was reading was difficult, but it might be possible to have them slanted towards better reading.

Well that deck you have looks like a great place to take a full Cadre Friday to me!

I used to use progressive contacts when I was doing acrobatics. They aren’t bad at all. Some people prefer suing two Rx different lenses, one in each eye, but I couldn’t handle that at all. The downside with mine was reading was difficult, but it might be possible to have them slanted towards better reading.
That's a little of what I'm concerned about. I have progressives that I wear most of the time for reading/mid/distance. But none of the focal lengths work for my monitors at work so I have a pair of glasses just for that. I don't know, maybe I can wear readers with the contacts for computer use? Have to get an appointment first. Good to hear you didn't have an issue with them.

2020 shave #210 (DE:78 SE:51 Str:79 Cart:0) - 716 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (4)
Graydog Education History
RazorMaster Juha
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Proraso Mint and Rosemary talc
Gallagher Fragrances O'Fraiche 5.0

Well this day is off to a good start! Stated 30min later than usual. Good shave. Had my fried egg sandwich with crispy lettuce and now jamming out to WMRK. I thought about Dave's comments on my shave with the Weck and doing more stretching. The problem I've found with my neck is that there are areas more stretching causes more irritation. That's why I end up doing a combo of bullfrog with a stretch. Oh well. Posted a video of the Gallagher Fragrances yesterday. I don't think any will be a purchase. They are all too artificial and sweet to me. But there are two I'll try since I have them. This O'Fraiche on me still smells of green vetiver with a sharp weedy note.

Deck not cured...after a week?! In this heat?! 😮

Enjoy the half Friday!
Ya, I wonder if it’s more of an oil of some kind and will have some residual for some time. Thinking of taking the hose out there and seeing what happens.

Back