The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #207 (DE:77 SE:50 Str:78 Cart:0) - 713 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
Southern Witchcraft Cedar
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Yardley Equity talc
Atelier Cologone Vetiver Fatal

Ya guys, stuff is blah. Work is blah, shaving is blah. I even stand in front of my shave soaps and they all seem boring. Grrrrrr.

2020 shave #207 (DE:77 SE:50 Str:78 Cart:0) - 713 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
Southern Witchcraft Cedar
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Yardley Equity talc
Atelier Cologone Vetiver Fatal

Ya guys, stuff is blah. Work is blah, shaving is blah. I even stand in front of my shave soaps and they all seem boring. Grrrrrr.
Stand in front of your Scotch, that will cheer you up or make you cry.... Either way a different emotion than blah

I’m currently realizing that a few short weeks ago I thought Johnnie Walker 18 was pretty good. But tonight I enjoyed Laphroaig and I’m over the 18.
Your journey from Padawan to Jedi is nearly complete

giphy.gif

I’m currently realizing that a few short weeks ago I thought Johnnie Walker 18 was pretty good. But tonight I enjoyed Laphroaig and I’m over the 18.
I first tried Laphroaig at Birds of a Feather, a Scotch bar in Baltimore. They have over 300 varieties of Scotch, and I used to visit monthly and try two or three different types. So over the years, I've probably tried 70-80 or so. None met my fancy like Laphroaig 10 year old. To me, that is the platonic ideal of Scotch.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I first tried Laphroaig at Birds of a Feather, a Scotch bar in Baltimore. They have over 300 varieties of Scotch, and I used to visit monthly and try two or three different types. So over the years, I've probably tried 70-80 or so. None met my fancy like Laphroaig 10 year old. To me, that is the platonic ideal of Scotch.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
My kind sir. Have you tried Laphroaig Quarter Cask or Lore? Or @BarberDave @Somnos

2020 shave #208 (DE:77 SE:51 Str:78 Cart:0) - 714 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Kai Pink (6)
RazoRock syth
Talbot Marlogue Wood
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Proraso Mint and Rosemary talc
Talbot Marlogue Wood AS

I pulled a Fluffy and put on my talc forgetting I was going to use AS today for my scent. So had to just apply it to my arms and chest as to not get the breaded chicken effect.

Messed up my coffee making this morning in a way that resulted in half the grounds going into the cup. Went to dump it in the toilet and both of the bathrooms near our offices were occupied. It's 7:30 in the morning! You JUST left your house and got here. There should be no reason for actual bathroom use at this hour. Ya'll better not be waiting to get to work to be doin' what you should be doin' at home!

When it seems I have waited a prudent period of time it sounds like I should get the Quarter Cask. It sounds like it might add another layer of flavor.

You’ve got me wanting to get back on the bourbon/scotch wagon man! Just gotta get through this Tuaca and then there’s this weird Zaya rum that some dude recommended :unsure: 😜

Ya'll better not be waiting to get to work to be doin' what you should be doin' at home!
I hate doing that deed at work...I avoid it at all costs when possible.

Back