The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

New handle for the SS

Will it have a wedge?

You will have to have something to keep the correct spacing on the toe end.
If there is a wedge then I do the same as Eric. Just a pin and washers on the outside.

Planning to use a wedge. Didn’t get any small washers just pin stock. Now I need to find some washers to secure the pin.

One coat of Tung oil on and waiting to do another one. Not sure how many to put because this Red Palm wood seems to be soaking it up fast!

Looking good!

Been meaning to ask, where did you purchase the blanks from?

Looking good!

Been meaning to ask, where did you purchase the blanks from?

i don’t remember the name of it but will look back through my email and let you know.

Edit: Bell Forest Products was the place I purchased them from

Looking nice! I wouldn’t go more than one more coat of tung oil. Most woods soak it up pretty easily, and if you’re going over it with CA you don’t need to go crazy with it.

Got them glued up and the front pivot hole drilled. Didn’t quite drill it big enough though so I need to resize it and then cut the compression rivet cut and drill the rear hole and then hammer the rivet together to mechanically hold the back together. I guess I could just epoxy it and allow it to set but I don’t know if I trust just epoxy.

Back