The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Never tried a straight razor

I also have a 5/8 roind point you can have when you are done with the Weck.
View attachment 3565
Should be a great starter. The only thing is that it needs to be honed. I could get it honed (I dont do honing) but you would have to cover the cost.
How much does honing cost? If I can't afford it I might know someone who would be able to do it for me.

Ok let me try this first after it gets here so I can see if I am going to like it first. Okay ?
No worries. John has some others that I am going to touch up for him as well so I will just do it at the same time. That way if you decide to progress it will already be done.

So does the guard go between the face and blade or does it go on the other side.
You mean for the Weck? Chris' video above shows its use. Guard should face away. If you look at it, there'd be no way for the blade to touch your face the other way.

The biggest hassle is that you have to take the guard off and put it on the other side of the razor when you switch sides of your face.

The biggest hassle is that you have to take the guard off and put it on the other side of the razor when you switch sides of your face.
That's what I was thinking @CBLindsay swapped his pretty quick. Hope I can get the hang of that or maybe have 2 wecks with the guard set on opposite sides and just pick up the one I need :p

Back