The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Near misses, lost auction thread... Son of a @$&?!

Dang, you find more at one place then I've found everywhere I've been put together.
I'm still hoping to get a 7 day set of straights.

Dang, you find more at one place then I've found everywhere I've been put together.
I'm still hoping to get a 7 day set of straights.
It’s a full time hobby for me. If you cast a wide net, you catch more fish. Between the auction sites and keywords, I have a large network of antique places that give me a call on a regular basis.

You’ll find one, it just takes time. They are rare!

It’s a full time hobby for me. If you cast a wide net, you catch more fish. Between the auction sites and keywords, I have a large network of antique places that give me a call on a regular basis.

You’ll find one, it just takes time. They are rare!
Told a knife dealer I sometimes visit I was into straights. During another visit I asked if they had any and got a "oh, we had a ton of straights in a lot we received recently, but some guy bought them all.":cry:

Got a good deal on another razor recently. Sent an offer but the seller said he was going to let the auction finish. No one else bid so I got it for the starting price

Finally found Yardley Black Label in NOS CONDITION!!!!

Seller wants: $275.00…………….. No soap is worth that… sigh…

Some day, I’ll find it for 50¢ at an antique shop, I must have faith…

Back