The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Near misses, lost auction thread... Son of a @$&?!

Luecke3262

“I am the Grail Razor Hunter”
Hobbyist
Everyone has lost an auction or a buy it now. This is the place to complain about it!!!

Case in point! If you KNOW something is worth it by a huge margin. Don’t send the seller a message asking for more pictures just buy it already!!! Ugh!

It sold out from under me by a few seconds...

Heljestrand MK31 7 day set....
09D4EC0B-7496-47FF-A28F-22829E226DD1.png

683C10F3-F53B-4565-A357-4A41FE623A40.png

Wow, sorry you missed that set, looks like a nice one.

By the way, I wonder how many people will try to swipe the picture to see the next one. lol, not that I did that... 🤪

Wow, sorry you missed that set, looks like a nice one.

By the way, I wonder how many people will try to swipe the picture to see the next one. lol, not that I did that... 🤪
Thanks man... here’s the rest of them. I requested more photos, because there was only one razor blade visible and I’ve been burned by broken or rusted blades too many times...
18A56D89-030E-4467-AD47-185A45CB9A35.png309E0B3C-6C25-4257-BBC1-D4D0DF3DD5FC.png1279184F-83B2-4A9F-B8ED-AF5CA61FF5B3.png

Yeah, hard to tell sometimes, the razors look pretty good, at least what you can see of them. The box has certainly seen better days though.

Wow, lots of interesting stuff there.
Yep, the Sheraton, Schick Repeating Razor, Toggle, Cased Aristocrat, and sealed pack of blue blades alone are worth a pretty penny. That doesn't include those big bladed Sheffield Straights or any of the hones and blades. Heck of a collection! Cool to see for sure!

Near miss from yesterday evening… Sold as I inquired about the listing… Located in Kirksville, MO, a 4 hour drive, but it would have been worth it for the $350 price tag… there’s always another one!
The toggle would make the drive worth it!

View attachment 54793
View attachment 54794
View attachment 54795
View attachment 54796
View attachment 54797
View attachment 54798
View attachment 54799
You actually blinked?! Come on! That was a “launch all fighters” lot!!! I feel for ya Matt!

You actually blinked?! Come on! That was a “launch all fighters” lot!!! I feel for ya Matt!
There was no blink in me, I sent an offer over the asking price, but It was already gone or the other guy offered more.

There was no blink in me, I sent an offer over the asking price, but It was already gone or the other guy offered more.
Ouch! I figured as much with your keen eye! It has the making of a “nightmare” for me just looking at it!

Ouch! I figured as much with your keen eye! It has the making of a “nightmare” for me just looking at it!
That's definitely what some of the huge lots turn into... I picked up 700+ straights last August in a huge lot. I still have over half of them as project razors! The problem is every time I go to work on them, there are so many, its hard to know where to start. I had to update my buffers, scale making capabilities etc. in order to catch up, but now I'm just too busy to get to most of them. IF you don't have a plan for what you'll do with it, don't buy a big lot! I need to get an antique store booth to move the majority of them, because I put too much time into each one to move through them at a reasonable pace.

I haven’t bid on anything even remotely shave related all year, but I did recently get outbid on the one thing I have gone to eBay looking for. I feel your pain.
That looks like a killer haul though.

Back