The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

My story, I’m sticking to it. Bill

I'm with JPO - the grind, but more specifically the thinness of the edge is what gives the flexibility. But i think there's a trade off as there always is, because really thin grinds like, say bellied hollows seem to demand a higher level of skill to use without injury, so it would seem to me the edge is harder to control.

When i realized that i was becoming a straightoholic i cut a deal with HRH, so that whatever i spent on shaving gear i'd match for whatever she wanted to buy and so marital harmony is assured!

T

I'm with JPO - the grind, but more specifically the thinness of the edge is what gives the flexibility. But i think there's a trade off as there always is, because really thin grinds like, say bellied hollows seem to demand a higher level of skill to use without injury, so it would seem to me the edge is harder to control.

When i realized that i was becoming a straightoholic i cut a deal with HRH, so that whatever i spent on shaving gear i'd match for whatever she wanted to buy and so marital harmony is assured!

T
Same, she basically has an unlimited gift card to Hobby Lobby…

Back