The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Most regretted blind buy?

Really though I am 86-1 for soaps...I will wear the Sni Mato as the 1 that really smells foul initially. :cry:

B&M limited edition Sasguesera soap & AS. It was IMO obviously a cobbled together flanker of their Vespers and The Whatsis?. I sold the set at a loss after one disheartening usage. Frankly, I did not like either of the aforementioned three scents. Unfortunately, the latter was not available as a sample. (n)

Catie’s Bubbles - A rose scent that I cant recall the name. Not a huge rose fan but wanted at least one. Never even used it. Too sickly smelling. Also Wholly Cow chypre rose AS to go with it - just terrible to my nose at the time.
Since then, enjoy the usual suspect Brit rose creams and rose of Bulgaria AS for my go to rose fix.

Catie’s Bubbles - A rose scent that I cant recall the name. Not a huge rose fan but wanted at least one. Never even used it. Too sickly smelling. Also Wholly Cow chypre rose AS to go with it - just terrible to my nose at the time.
Since then, enjoy the usual suspect Brit rose creams and rose of Bulgaria AS for my go to rose fix.
I found Soap Commander has a very authentic, clean rose (only) scent. If it comes back, it'll be a Valentine's day release (called Love).

Also, WCS Oriental has a good rose presence to it. Spicy, warm... But it can be sickening if I overdo it.

I didn’t buy this one, but did buy a sample. It has to be the worst scent in wet shaving, at least to my nose. PAA’s Sacre Bleu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about this and I can't remember all the ones that made me think "that's it, I need to stop blind buying stuff". One I was pretty bummed about is when Wild West shaving soap was new to the market and getting a lot of love. I ordered many of their offerings at the time and couldn't get past the artificial smell of the base of all of them. It outshined the actual scent added to me and I don't have a single one any more.

I found Soap Commander has a very authentic, clean rose (only) scent. If it comes back, it'll be a Valentine's day release (called Love).

Also, WCS Oriental has a good rose presence to it. Spicy, warm... But it can be sickening if I overdo it.

I have a small sample of one that is IMO a superb rose scent and a fantastic soap to boot:

I have a small sample of one that is IMO a superb rose scent and a fantastic soap to boot:

I've seen a lot of love for that one.

I have the triple mint by SS, but I never use it. It's a great soap, but the scent is kinda plain (what did I expect, I bought straight mint, lol).

I have a feeling the black pepper wouldn't get along with my skin, but I do need to find another SS soap so I have one in my den I'll regularly use.

Last edited:
Razorock soaps were attractive due to their sale prices. I have yet to enjoy their texture or be impressed with their scents. They are ok/average at best and can not appreciate why others give them such high regards. I only use an older WTP soap as a travel soap because of its convenient travel form factor/size.

Razorock soaps were attractive due to their sale prices. I have yet to enjoy their texture or be impressed with their scents. They are ok/average at best and can not appreciate why others give them such high regards. I only use an older WTP soap as a travel soap because of its convenient travel form factor/size.
Just curious, what scents have you tried from Razorock?

Back