The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

McVeyMac's Straight Razor (and other traditional wet shaving) Adventures

Dagwoodz said:
Aside from the slight appearance of Heir Redflow, nice shave with the C-MON Walt! I've caught myself a few times with un-muted points as well...always surprises me even if I'm paying attention.

Thanks Josh

cmh737 said:
Nice looking C-MON, Walt!

Thanks Chris

Xenostr8shaver said:
Very nice Walt

Every now and then I have to drive a Caddy.

Xenostr8shaver said:
BTW Walt your BBW purgatory is over

Until I get it back to the stones at least.

DocHoliday0831 said:
Very nice razor and shave Walt.

Thanks, it was fun.

Quijote said:
Looks like a great Caddy to take for a joy ride.

Thanks Don, it sings as well. That one threw me a little because the BRW is a heavier grind. The Caddy is a hollow ground, and I heard it clearly over the exhaust fan.

Majorrich said:
Great shave Walt! Certainly worthy of the name!

Fun razor to use Rich.

I was super pressed for time this AM as the pitbull (avatar) got sick a couple of times. First time on carpet, second time I was able to get him to the hardwood.

This morning was a quick and easy ATT version 1 SE2 shave that I keep locked and loaded on the vanity for just such an occasion. Two pass and out the door for a DFS. This razor is capable of more, but the operator was not. I've lost track of how many shaves the Pro blade that is loaded in it has as I use it so infrequently, but the shave was very comfortable and clean, so I loaded it back into the razor after cleaning and placed it back into the holder for the next time that I forego a traditional straight razor shave.

Nice ad hoc shave this morning Walt. Sorry to hear about the pooch's GI issues. Hopefully it's a short lived thing.

good stuff Walt. why tempt fate when you can get a DE done and good.

Dagwoodz said:
Nice ad hoc shave this morning Walt. Sorry to hear about the pooch's GI issues. Hopefully it's a short lived thing.

He turned out fine, just had to get rid of some sticks he swallowed.

Majorrich said:
Great Audible!

Thanks Rich, disappointing not to get a straight shave in, but a good one none the less.

Xenostr8shaver said:
good stuff Walt. why tempt fate when you can get a DE done and good.

Well the SE2 is a AC type single edge, but the point is the same, almost.

Quijote said:
Nice quick shave. Nothing wrong with that, especially being rushed.

Thanks Don.

cmh737 said:
Bummer about your sick dog. Like Josh said, hopefully it'll be short lived.

It was Chris, thanks.

Today's shave was back in the saddle with the Caddy, and like the last shave, SMOOOOOOOTH. Not a whisker felt anywhere in any direction.

Catching up Walt!

That C-mon is a real looker!
Great shaves and glad pooch is better!

Back