The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

13 March, 2020

Part 1

Good morning Cadre! Company-wide meeting first thing this morning regarding the COVID-19 outbreak and company actions should the situation worsen up to and including working from home. I'd be fine with that. Pants optional!! Am I the only one who thinks this thing is being blown WAAAAAY out of proportion? As I understand it, the elderly (75+) and persons with chronic conditions are most susceptible. The majority of people, should they contract it, would only experience flu-like symptoms but should expect a full recovery.

Still, people everywhere seem to be in full panic mode and we can see the domino effect happening now. May go by the bank and pull some more cash out (I always keep some on-hand at my house) before people start going "full-retard"

RecklessPlainBarnacle-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Part 2

Anyway, in all this doom and gloom, I hope everyone has a great day.

AND WASH YOUR HANDS, DAMN IT!!!

IMG-3039.jpg

PAA "The Cube 2.0" w/ Menthol

PAA "Atomic Age Bay Rum" Shave Soap
26mm Yaqi "Mysterious Space" Tuxedo Synthetic Brush
Stirling Soap Co. Silicone Shave Bowl
1970 Gillette Super
Gillette Nacet
Alum
PAA Unscented Star Jelly
PAA "Atomic Age Bay Rum" Splash

PAA "Atomic Age Bay Rum" EdP

Are you kidding? Paladin that was used on camera?? Add 20% to whatever Dave paid in the first place.

Just logged in and checked my 401K.. 😱

IKR? Everywhere you read they say ... it’s a long term investment, just keep throwing money at it. Now is the time to increase your contribution percentage.

I keep thinking they are quietly ending each sentence with the word “fool”. I’m losing my shirt and bet I don’t see a bailout. I’m too small so I can fail.

Epidemic
Slayer

Breeding fast in poverty
Infectious driving dormant seed
Inside your carcass start to mate
Left in charge to dominate

Waiting to unfold
Raging uncontrolled
Adapt a potency
Death machine, infest my corpse to be

Unyielding kings of agony
Test your body chemistry
Pulmonary overthrow
Possession of your inner throne

Invasions quickly override
Malicious domineering strike
Floods your veins, commit slow death
Deteriorate your makers met

Perpetual demise
On a fast decline
Killing tendency
Epidemic, permanent disease

Incapacitate
Fall into your fate
Pain results in screams
Bleed eternally
Years will pass before it can be cured

16 March, 2020

Part 1

Good morning all!!!! Hope you enjoyed the music choice this morning! 😁 Apologies for my absence over the weekend. Rather busy with the show and stocking up my Prepper bunker. Just bought a reverse osmosis machine and spent Sunday converting my urine into potable water..

Today my Dupont Tychem BSL-3 authorized safety suits come in.. After that, I'll feel more comfortable going to the drive-through windows at the bank and local burger joints. Later this week the four 50 gallon drums of hand sanitizer arrive. I've rigged a contraption with a pump and some PVC pipes with holes drilled in it in order to make a sanitizer "waterfall" that everyone will have to walk through before they can interact with me throught the two-way video inter-comm unit I installed.

We're still looking for toilet paper.. 🤨

Perhaps a sprayer attached to the toilet.

I've forgotten, what does "CaD" stand for?
I have no idea what it stands for. Love it though. From their website:

For some of us this classic American barbershop scent will remind us of our first shaving cream, maybe the very one dad stuck in our hand (the cream in a can I refer to shall go un-named). It has a unique, fresh, clean smell.

The scent is familiar but I can't place it.

Oh, and...

diapersprayer1.jpg

Back