The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

4 March, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Gotta say, I'm loving the results I'm getting with the Gillette Slim / Nacet combo. Exceptionally close, smooth BBS results. And I don't even TRY to get a BBS shave anymore. Long ago I came to the realization that I'm not going to have to stand any more General Inspections so I focus on beard reduction over elimination. So, this is a bonus!

Hope everyone has a great day!

IMG-2993.jpg

PAA "The Cube 2.0" w/ Menthol
Stirling Soap Co. "Gin & Tonic" Shave Soap
28mm Yaqi Tuxedo Synthetic Brush
Stirling Soap Co. Silicone Shaving Bowl
1968 Gillette Slim
Gillette Nacet
Alum
PAA Unscented Star Jelly

Stirling Soap Co. "Gin & Tonic" Aftershave Splash w/ Menthol

Boozy shave...for those work days you can’t drink! 😜
giphy.gif

5 March, 2020

Good morning all! Hope everyone has a great day!

IMG-2996.jpg

PAA "The Cube 2.0" w. Menthol
Fine "Italian Citrus" Soap
Stirling Soap Co. High Mountain White Badger Brush
Stirling Soap Co. Silicone Travel Bowl
1968 Gillette Slim
Gillette Nacet
Alum
PAA Unscented Star Jelly

Vintage Avon "Deep Woods" Splash

Great gear, Mark. I've found Fine soaps to be an excellent value. That is a great-smelling soap! (y)
Agreed. Over time however, mine's lost a lot of its scent. I've had it for a while and it's been out of the tub (it cracked and broke apart) so I'm sure that hasn't helped. Hasn't affected its performance though.

Agreed. Over time however, mine's lost a lot of its scent. I've had it for a while and it's been out of the tub (it cracked and broke apart) so I'm sure that hasn't helped. Hasn't affected its performance though.
Interesting! Fine stuff is always so strongly scented, I never would have expected it to lose scent!

@MarkB Came here looking for a follow up on the SOTD. I have been curious about Porthos for some time, but haven’t pulled the trigger. What are your thoughts on it?

@MarkB Came here looking for a follow up on the SOTD. I have been curious about Porthos for some time, but haven’t pulled the trigger. What are your thoughts on it?
So sorry. Haven’t felt too loquacious the past few days. As with all the Phoenix Shaving soaps I’ve used, scent and performance are top notch. The scent is patterned after Aramis so if you’re a fan of the frag it’s definitely for you.

9 March, 2020

Good morning all! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Whew! Time change really got to me. Need more coffee!

IMG-3017.jpg

PAA "The Cube 2.0" w/ Menthol
PAA "High Jump 47" Shave Soap
Techichi Tech Hive Tuxedo Synthetic
Stirling Soap Co. Silicone Bowl
1961 Gillette FatBoy
Gillette Nacet
Alum
PAA Unscented Star Jelly

PAA "High Jump 47" AS & EdC

Back