The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Let me introduce myself. The L behind LNHC

LNHC

Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations
Artisan Retailer
My name is Lisa and I am a soapmaker. I am the owner and sole employee of Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations LLC. I have been in business for just over 10 years, lucky enough to do this full time the past 3 yrs. Every single product is made by me with my two hands from scratch. I do not use prefabricated bases of any kind. In my opinion those bases are filled with too many chemicals and synthetics that I honestly could do with out. I love to keep my products as natural as I possibly am able. Herbs, botanicals and essential oil play a large role in many items I make. I started specializing in mens grooming approx 5 years ago, really focusing on wet shaving soaps for the past 3 years. Yes, I do actually use my shaving soap with the vintage 1959 gillette fat boy razor that I bought for my husband for his birthday.
If you'd like to know more about me or any of the products I make, just ask. I'm an onion, the top layer looks like nothing special so see what's under that top layer if your curious...it might surprise you

Thanks for the introduction Lisa! You are well respected around these parts!

Nice Introduction Lisa. Glad you're here. Gonna shave with your Amber and Tobacco tonight
Edited:
Shave complete and was awesome. Silky smooth lather !!!!!!!!

I have said it in other places but I will say it here too. You are very good at your craft. Not only are your shaving soaps enjoyable, you make a variety of very attractive bath bars. The first time I checked out your website I was amazed to see that you offered custom made bath bar soap. I really thought that was cool. Sounds crazy but a custom soap would be a cool gift for clients and friends.

One thing I am wondering is how it is that you choose the herbs and infusions for your products. I can't even pronounce most of what you use (your shampoo bar is a great example of this) but you seem to know what you are doing.

Nice Introduction Lisa. Glad you're here. Gonna shave with your Amber and Tobacco tonight
1f44d.png

Edited:
Shave complete and was awesome. Silky smooth lather !!!!!!!!
Glad you are enjoying it.

I have said it in other places but I will say it here too. You are very good at your craft. Not only are your shaving soaps enjoyable, you make a variety of very attractive bath bars. The first time I checked out your website I was amazed to see that you offered custom made bath bar soap. I really thought that was cool. Sounds crazy but a custom soap would be a cool gift for clients and friends.

One thing I am wondering is how it is that you choose the herbs and infusions for your products. I can't even pronounce most of what you use (your shampoo bar is a great example of this) but you seem to know what you are doing.
I actually made that shampoo bar for myself. I used to use only the ayurveda herbal powders to wash my hair because commercial shampoo made my scalp inflamed and burn. As you can imagine it was very messy, so I did the research and formulated my shampoo bar. All of those particular ayurveda herbs promote healthy hair and scalp. They do other things as well, but I will not make any claims.

I have done a ton of research throughout my soap making on herbs, botanicals and even the essential oils that I use to learn their benefits, their uses and different ways of extraction for use in my products. I don't just throw things in my products just because it sounds good, that would be careless and some can be toxic if they are used incorrectly or in large amounts (this goes for essential oils as well). I use them for their benefits and making sure the ratio of the herb, infusions and tincture is in proportion to the batch otherwise wise you run the risk adverse reactions and effects to the customer.

But did the shampoo bar make Chris go bald? I kid of course! I definitely need to try the shampoo bar! My scalp gets so dry.

Custom soap batches are a lot of fun for me. I have one customer in particular that orders regularly and lets me be as creative with designs as I possibly can.

I actually made that shampoo bar for myself. I used to use only the ayurveda herbal powders to wash my hair because commercial shampoo made my scalp inflamed and burn. As you can imagine it was very messy, so I did the research and formulated my shampoo bar. All of those particular ayurveda herbs promote healthy hair and scalp. They do other things as well, but I will not make any claims.

I have done a ton of research throughout my soap making on herbs, botanicals and even the essential oils and have many references that I used to learn their benefits, their uses and different ways of extraction for use in my products. I don't just throw things in my products just because it sounds good, that would be careless and some can be toxic if they are used incorrectly or in large amounts (this goes for essential oils as well). I use them for their benefits and making sure the ratio of the herb, infusions and tincture is in proportion to the batch otherwise wise you run the risk adverse reactions and effects to the customer.

But did the shampoo bar make Chris go bald? I kid of course! I definitely need to try the shampoo bar! My scalp gets so dry.
I don't think he's tried it. Maybe it'll make his hair grow back. ?

I have done a ton of research throughout my soap making on herbs, botanicals and even the essential oils that I use to learn their benefits, their uses and different ways of extraction for use in my products. I don't just throw things in my products just because it sounds good, that would be careless and some can be toxic if they are used incorrectly or in large amounts (this goes for essential oils as well). I use them for their benefits and making sure the ratio of the herb, infusions and tincture is in proportion to the batch otherwise wise you run the risk adverse reactions and effects to the customer.
looks like I’m buying a shampoo bar or two. I have fighting a chronically inflamed, itchy and flaky scalp for years. I started making my own shampoo bars to use instead of commercial shampoo and have seen a significant improvement... Don’t let Chad take them all.
Maybe I should start a shopping list..

Got my order in...Chad can buy as much as he wants now (his wife said so).

I really look forward to giving the shampoo bars a try. Chad kind of tipped my hand, a recent trip to the water park left my scalp SO bad off I was loosing hair. I have since gotten the issue under control but boy is the top of my head thin. My wife even suggested I give up and buzz my head. I don’t know anything about your shampoo bars but I do know a relatively simple homemade shampoo puck and an occasional splash of vinegar does wonders.

I also added some Somali rose and an orange clove shave soap to my order, they sound wonderful.

Nice introduction Lisa. I bought some samples from yo a while back after someone was nice enough to share a half a puck of your shave soap with me. As I have a bunch of samples from many different places to try out to find the right soap, so far, yours is very high on my list.

I am only now discovering shampoo bars and see that you have some so maybe an order goes in soon.

Welcome Lisa, thanks for the introduction. I’m sure we will have more questions as we get to know you better. Thanks for being, one of the guys!

I didn't read the TOU for vendors but can we have you edit your first post and put a link to your site? Or is that a no-no ?

I didn't read the TOU for vendors but can we have you edit your first post and put a link to your site? Or is that a no-no ?

What, you too lazy to use google??
1f602.png

J/K, our vendors should use the forum to the full extent to advertise their store and products.

Lisa, may I suggest making a sticky post in your forum with all the pertinent info, and then lock it, to keep in non-cluttered.

Got my order in...Chad can buy as much as he wants now (his wife said so).

I really look forward to giving the shampoo bars a try. Chad kind of tipped my hand, a recent trip to the water park left my scalp SO bad off I was loosing hair. I have since gotten the issue under control but boy is the top of my head thin. My wife even suggested I give up and buzz my head. I don’t know anything about your shampoo bars but I do know a relatively simple homemade shampoo puck and an occasional splash of vinegar does wonders.

I also added some Somali rose and an orange clove shave soap to my order, they sound wonderful.
Well I hope it helps your scalp. It's all I use. Your goodies are on the way & thanks!

Back