The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

July Soap Theme: Shaves That Make You Feel Cool! - Or...Techichi/Ethos

Thursday July 30, 2020
Razor: Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Wizamet (3)
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Timberwolf
Soap: Ariana & Evans Frozen Mojitos
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Ariana & Evans Frozen Mojitos
Fragrance: Guerlain Vetiver
IMG_20200729_194019352.jpg

Razor: Feather - ASD2
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Shave Soap - Ghost Lime
Brush: Graydog Brush in Cocobolo with Maggard Razors 26mm Mixed 70/30 Badger and Boar
The Penultimate Aftershave - Humphrey's Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: RazoRock - Essential Oil of Lime

1596111140803.png

A Super quick one today as I got up late. I am sitting down long enough to drink my coffee (which is necessary. Went with CBL Ghost Lime to finish off the monthly "Cool" Shave Themes. I might get one more in tomorrow...but we will see. There is a lot going on with home and work tomorrow...so there may be no time for a shave. Anyway...I am pretty sure that Ghost Lime is my favorite citrus shave soap. The lime is the perfect strength and the Ghost that is that "cool" feeling is just the right amount of brisk. I think this might have been the first CBL Soap I have purchased.

I ended up with a just under BBS (and for me that is about as good as it gets). Splashed on a bunch of Essential Oil of Lime and the cool just kept on coming.

30 July, 2020

Great shave today! Once again, the one-two-punch of the Chill Mill & Ice Cube gave a face-freezing shave experience! Love the scent of the Phoenix Shaving "Sun Down". I've never tried the aftershave it's patterned after; Gillette's short-lived "Sun Up" but it must have been great as well. I hope they (Phoenix Shaving) comes out with a matching EdP soon.

As always, the Tech Hive brush whipped up a superlative lather with almost no effort required!

Hope you have a great day!

PAA "Ice Cube 2.0" / PAA "Chill Mill" / PAA "Sun Down" Shave Soap / Techichi Tech Hive Synthetic
PAA DOC Razor / Gillette Nacet / Alum / PAA "Sun Down" Aftershave Splash & Cologne

IMG-4084.jpg

Friday July 31, 2020
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline (3)
Brush: Sorrentino Sea Foam Tuxedo
Soap: Dr. Jon's Arctic Hydra
Aftershave 2: Barbasol Pacific Rush
Fragrance: Azzaro Visit
IMG_20200730_080216754.jpg

Great shaves guys! I appreciate the participation! I need to get another theme out for August...so if you all have some suggestions before I think of something later today...I am all ears!

Back to "Old" School August? Or is that September? We always went back to school in August but looks like our local districts are pushing back until September for Covid this year...

In before the lock!!! LOL!

Strong finish to the themed month! Great shave today. The Seville soap & splash have quickly become one of my favorite scents!! It's been nice getting to know the "Tech Hive" better.

PAA "Ice Cube 2.0" / PAA "Chill Mill" / B&M "Seville" Shave Soap / Techichi "Tech Hive"
PAA DOC Razor / Gillette Nacet / Alum / B&M "Seville" Aftershave Splash

IMG-4090.jpg

Got my Captain's Choice Nor'easter just in time for the last "cool" shave of the month! I absolutely love the Nor'easter, it's a great balance of cold without being too much to use regularly. Chased with Osage and wow what a nice cool shave!

Friday July 31st, 2020
Razor : Pre-War Fat Handle Tech
Blade : GSB
Brush : Whipped Dog HM
Soap : Captain's Choice Nor'easter

IMG_20200731_170953.jpg

Yeah, It's August 1st......................So sue me !!!
Saturday August 1, 2020
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline (4)
Brush: Rubberset 400 Cashmere
Soap: CBL Ghost Dragons Blood
Aftershave 2: Florida Water
Fragrance: ??????
IMG_20200731_195808206.jpg

Back