The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

January 2022 Sumo Tournament

I (and I think Rich) watch Jasons All Sumo channel on YouTube usually.

I believe Matt watches with the NHK Roku app, I believe it is --- NHK WORLD-JAPAN which is "the English-language international broadcasting service of NHK, Japan's only public broadcaster. This app provides you with news and a variety of programs 24 hours a day. Many of the programs are also available on demand."

I watch Jasons all Sumo as well. I don't have a Roku I use Nvidia for my streaming, it's a google device. I will see if I can find NHK. I have also started watching Chris Sumo on youtube I like his coverage of the lower level matches.

I watch Jasons all Sumo as well. I don't have a Roku I use Nvidia for my streaming, it's a google device. I will see if I can find NHK. I have also started watching Chris Sumo on youtube I like his coverage of the lower level matches.
yeah, I have seen Chris Sumo a couple times but tend to just watch Jason. I may try to check out the NHK app too.

I used to watch Jason's channel, it feels more like watching with a friend which is great, it's just they come out late, and the multi video format isn't my favorite.
Lately I watch Kintamayama since he gets them out quick, and it's one video. I tend to follow up with Chris Sumo for great color commentary.

I used to watch Jason's channel, it feels more like watching with a friend which is great, it's just they come out late, and the multi video format isn't my favorite.
Lately I watch Kintamayama since he gets them out quick, and it's one video. I tend to follow up with Chris Sumo for great color commentary.
I will check out Kintamayama, thanks for the link.

This is going to be an exciting weekend! Win lose or otherwise this is true sport. Anyone can beat anyone on a given day and everything changes. I’m glad I remembered to start something to introduce you to atruly ancient sport, yet pure enough to stand time to today.

This is going to be an exciting weekend! Win lose or otherwise this is true sport. Anyone can beat anyone on a given day and everything changes. I’m glad I remembered to start something to introduce you to atruly ancient sport, yet pure enough to stand time to today.
I got into sumo a couple of years back, and thought no one in my sphere had any interest. So cool to see this many of my cadre friends are also interested.

Man, another exciting day! Looking forward to tomorrow.

WOW!!! Just looked at day 14 results, going to be interesting. I have stuff to do this morning so I will have to watch the day 14 matches later day. Can't wait.

WOW!!! Just looked at day 14 results, going to be interesting. I have stuff to do this morning so I will have to watch the day 14 matches later day. Can't wait.
Well knowing who you said is your favorite.... wait for that match! Wow! Tomorrow is going to be great

Holy smokes what a day! Tomorrow there will be fireworks! This is almost as good as it gets guys! Did you notice the wrestlers are much more aware and helpful of each other. Sometimes jumping down from the ring to check on the fallen wrestler. I’ve not seen this much ever!
they are subtley cutting the shots so posture woman isn’t on there all the time.

Holy smokes what a day! Tomorrow there will be fireworks! This is almost as good as it gets guys! Did you notice the wrestlers are much more aware and helpful of each other. Sometimes jumping down from the ring to check on the fallen wrestler. I’ve not seen this much ever!
they are subtley cutting the shots so posture woman isn’t on there all the time.
Yes, super day yesterday, and no spoilers, but it was another one today. Best Basho in a while IMHO.

I read that the Sumo association requested that the wrestlers be more helpful, personally I also like to see it. But, also, you never see anyone actually accept the help.

Very exciting Basho, I have had a good time following this one, there have been some great matches..

Well knowing who you said is your favorite.... wait for that match! Wow! Tomorrow is going to be great
Those were great matches. Ura's front flip was great, he is certainly one of the most coordinated and athletic guys in Sumo. That's why he is rather popular, because he can be very entertaining like that, and the fans love it.

Hoshoryu's face plant into the clay looked nasty, that must have hurt but that was a great match. Good thing for him they have instant replay and he got to redo the match.😀

Back