The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

January 2022 Sumo Tournament

That’s Posture Woman. I don’t know who she is, but She must be a super fan and incredibly wealthy. She is one of the people in the audience I look for. Front row seats for 15 days?! I think she’s a human because sometimes she claps, but carefully so as to not spoil her nails.

B1818EDB-AA1D-46AE-A313-269D61B735FC.jpeg07EF40AF-E463-4186-824D-91C5008430CC.jpeg

There will be more geisha appearing as the tournament progresses. They are stoic, but can’t beat posture woman. Is that a hearing device in her ear?

Very exciting matches today across the board.
I hope Tamawashi is ok, that chest slam obviously hurt him.

He sure got up a little slow. That’s close to 400 pounds coming down on that bump.
Still not used to seeing Hakuho in a blue sport coat.

Wow exciting stuff on day 12.

Yep, that was a long match. Not a fan of Ichinojo but that was a good win for him.
I haven't really developed a favorite wrestler yet. I just thought that was an exciting match.

I haven't really developed a favorite wrestler yet. I just thought that was an exciting match.
It was for sure.

This is the 3rd Basho I have watched and I have just recently choose to root for Hoshoryu. He is a younger guy who I thought may have potential to be very good and stick around for a while. I'm also a big Ura fan because he uses a lot of different techniques and can be exciting to watch.

When Mitakeumi fights like he did today I really enjoy his sumo. Might even say he is one of my favorites. But when he fights like he did in the previous 3 matches he seems to be up and down and this seems to be his M.O. as reading up on his past performances. He has had a good tournament so far. It seems Day 15 is going to be some great matches! So how do we watch this live LOL?

Back