The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Injector blades

The Proline blade was a good shaver. I am not sure if it is better on my face than a Chick or Personna. I really need to do some comparison shaves.

The Proline blade was a good shaver. I am not sure if it is better on my face than a Chick or Personna. I really need to do some comparison shaves.
Looking forward to your thoughts. I think Dave said he didn't care for the Prolines.

Trying a fresh one of my coveted Schick Injector II blades in the morning in my M-type. Interested to see what all the fuss is about.

I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on some injector blades. The price from Rakuten is crazy cheap for 20. I may give each variety a try, starting with the Chinese Schicks, since you can get a month from each, according to @woodpusher.

I just grab from Amazon or eBay, no hablas Raksputin. 2 weeks from a Pella/Personna, a month from a Shick. Comes in about the same price per year as using Astras or other reasonably priced DE blades.

I just grab from Amazon or eBay, no hablas Raksputin. 2 weeks from a Pella/Personna, a month from a Shick. Comes in about the same price per year as using Astras or other reasonably priced DE blades.

I outlined to a "T" with bulletproof instructions in post #34 how to order. A monkey could do it.

TkBF4dC.jpg

I prefer Schick Proline blades. When I get an empty Schick magazine, I simply reload it with the Proline Blades.

So, I have had a chance to shave with all three blades recently, but I really need to try them all in the same razor.

Right now I think my ranking would be:
  1. Chinese Schick
  2. Proline
  3. Personna/Pella
However, the last couple of shaves that I had with Personnas were really good. It is past time for some comparison shaves...

I will say that I am not a fan of reloading Injector Magazines with the Prolines. It doesn't take much time, but it is a bit of a pain in the backside.

EDIT: Oh, and add in the Feather-Jector blades to the comparison. But, I don't have the Super AC blades, just the Pro AC blades.

So, I have had a chance to shave with all three blades recently, but I really need to try them all in the same razor.

Right now I think my ranking would be:
  1. Chinese Schick
  2. Proline
  3. Personna/Pella
However, the last couple of shaves that I had with Personnas were really good. It is past time for some comparison shaves...

I will say that I am not a fan of reloading Injector Magazines with the Prolines. It doesn't take much time, but it is a bit of a pain in the backside.

EDIT: Oh, and add in the Feather-Jector blades to the comparison. But, I don't have the Super AC blades, just the Pro AC blades.
It’s all in the tool. I can reload a 7 blade magazine in less than 10 seconds. The Super AC blades are a bit of a pain, but may be worth the trouble depending on the number of shaves I can get out of a blade. They’re too wide to fit into a magazine w/o dulling the edge. You’re talking to a guy who modifies blades routinely to fit into his Gibbs Adjustables. I’m retired and have all the time in the world until I shuffle off this earthly plane.

Vintage injectors are amazing shavers. There aren’t a lot of choices when it comes to blades so you don’t have to worry that there might be a better one out there. I haven’t tried anything other than ones I got from Supply Provisions several years ago. They were getting ready to release their new razor and had already begun selling blades on Amazon. I ordered one pack of 20 blades and got a bag of 20 cartridges of 20 blades. Over the years I’ve given Them to different guys and they say they are as good as any other but at least one person reported that the blades had been loaded in the cartridge backwards.
Never tried the supply version. And honestly didn't know they had any..So they are good ? Might have to order a pack to try sometime....

Never tried the supply version. And honestly didn't know they had any..So they are good ? Might have to order a pack to try sometime....
They are pretty much all I use, I have no complaints at all. As important, they seem to work well in different razors so they haven’t been picky about which razor I’m using. To be honest thought, I’ve only compared them to schick and I think the supply provisions blades were better/longer lasting. It was hard to beat the price I paid, even considering I gave a bunch away I have all I will need for a long time and I think I paid $20 or so

The Supply/Personna blades are pretty cheap and work OK. I’ve found Schick blades (out of China) to be far better in smoothness/feel and about the same in sharpness, though they do cost substantially more. The Supply blades are sharp, but I find them to be harsh.

Back