The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Injector blades

As with Dave only the Chinese here. Although I lucked onto some vintage personna 74 blades that were made of very hard steel. I’m doing a longevity test with them now.
The 74 caught my attention when I watched your latest video. I'll be keeping an eye on you channel to see how long that blade goes. I might be able to justify the slightly higher price if they last long enough.

I buy the Schick blades locally at the grocery store. You might check your grocery stores, drug stores, or other places to see if anyone carries them.

I never thought to check for them here. But I guess like everything else, they're bound to be somewhere around here.

I never thought to check for them here. But I guess like everything else, they're bound to be somewhere around here.
I always hit the shaving aisle in stores to see what they carry. Typically they just carry the normal stuff like VDH or WIlliams soap and a few aftershaves like Skin Bracer, Brut, and Aqua Velva...... but every now and then one of them will carry something different.

I always hit the shaving aisle in stores to see what they carry. Typically they just carry the normal stuff like VDH or WIlliams soap and a few aftershaves like Skin Bracer, Brut, and Aqua Velva...... but every now and then one of them will carry something different.
Same, but I don't live in a very different part of town. The most different stuff the stores around here have is Creamo. I'd have to drive to the northwest corner to get some eclectic stuff.

I may have a pack or two of Schick ones I can ship out next week if needed. Wife’s having surgery Friday so looking for extras might take a back seat to making sure our stuff here is semi-visitors worthy

I may have a pack or two of Schick ones I can ship out next week if needed. Wife’s having surgery Friday so looking for extras might take a back seat to making sure our stuff here is semi-visitors worthy
I think I've got it covered for now, thank you. Go and focus on your wife, I'm small potatoes. I wish her the best!

I have shaved with damn near every injector blade made including NOS ones from the early 70's, Personna 74, all Schick varieties including Krona, Plus Platinum, made in Holland Schicks, and NOS Gillette Platinum Plus. I used a brand new NOS Schick Plus Platinum in a newly acquired Schick E3 injector just today. The resultant shave was excellent, but this blade from the "Golden Age" is no better IMO than the current Chinese (Chick) blade and perhaps a little less smooth, i.e., sharp. The best NOS injector blade was IMO the Gillette Platinum Plus. YMMV.

That said, the Schick Proline B-20 made in Japan (purportedly, but never definitely confirmed) is the best currently made injector blade, but it's not leaps & bounds better than the Chick blade IMO. Modern Personna blades are very good, but are very, very razor dependent and work best in later (Schick I Model & later) razors.

Of course, that's just my opinion and worth every penny you were charged. ;)

Uhhhhh. I'm broke. 🤪 🤣 🤣 🤣

Phenomenal insight, though. I didn't even know there were more than what's out there right now. Thanks for sharing!

I have shaved with damn near every injector blade made including NOS ones from the early 70's, Personna 74, all Schick varieties including Krona, Plus Platinum, made in Holland Schicks, and NOS Gillette Platinum Plus. I used a brand new NOS Schick Plus Platinum in a newly acquired Schick E3 injector just today. The resultant shave was excellent, but this blade from the "Golden Age" is no better IMO than the current Chinese (Chick) blade and perhaps a little less smooth, i.e., sharp. The best NOS injector blade was IMO the Gillette Platinum Plus. YMMV.

That said, the Schick Proline B-20 made in Japan (purportedly, but never definitely confirmed) is the best currently made injector blade, but it's not leaps & bounds better than the Chick blade IMO. Modern Personna blades are very good, but are very, very razor dependent and work best in later (Schick I Model & later) razors.

Of course, that's just my opinion and worth every penny you were charged. ;)
I haven't tried the Proline blades yet. I see them on eBay, but they are a little expensive. Is there somewhere that I can get some for a reasonable price. $15 a pack seems high.

Per ze Google, I found a result for $8.99, but that's shipping from Japan. And of course the translation is a little wonky. No idea how much the shipping would be.

I haven't tried the Proline blades yet. I see them on eBay, but they are a little expensive. Is there somewhere that I can get some for a reasonable price. $15 a pack seems high.

I am going to "spoon feed" you on how to do this with bulletproof instructions.

Go here: https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/ha-life/item/twoinone0549/?l-id=rgm_item_en_recommend_widget

I will tell you that I ordered three 20 blade packs in the past and the shipping was the same as for one pack. Bear that in mind.

Select JP Post Small Packet for shipping as it is cheaper and worry not about it getting lost.

After making your pymt. you will NOT be immediately charged as they take a few days to send you an e-mail clarifying the total charges and asking your final approval before charging & shipping.

Tons of fellas have ordered from this seller and I know not of a single one who was not totally satisfied, myself included. Note however that due to U.S. Customs it may take 3 weeks or better to get to you.

I ordered some. Just got the email from the vendor about the shipping fee, which I'll apparently get to pay tomorrow. I'm pretty excited!

Back