The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Injector blades

bentheduck

"TSC's Personal Defibrillator in los pantelones"
First Responder
Guys, I done messed up. I was browsing the bay for brushes and found a decently priced Schick something in incredible condition. With that being said, what would you guys recommend for blades? My Google Fu came up with a barren wasteland of information and sources for blades.

Go to TedPella.Com and look for "Injector Style Stainless Steel, PTFE-Coated Blades." These are product number 121-4 on the Ted Pella site.

These blades are made by Personna and Ted Pella has about the best price on them, but their shipping costs are a little high so you will probably want to buy a few packs of blades to justify the shipping.

These can be found on eBay, but can be more expensive there. Make sure you get the dispenser pack with the metal tab that sticks out the side, not the "mini hair shaper blades" pack.

Last edited:
You can also search for "Schick Injector blades" on eBay. This search should find the Chinese made Injector blades. Some people prefer those blades to the Personna ones.

The dispensers for these blades are of better quality than the Personna dispensers, but I like the Personna blades more.

If you decide to try vintage Injector blades from eBay I suggest only buying ones in sealed packaging. You never can tell what sort of gunk might find its way into one of those dispensers over the years.

Here is a good informational link on Injectors: Schick Injector Razors (Please note, this is not a link to a competing shaving forum, just an informational site, so I believe this post is within the TSC TOU.)

The Ted Pella blades drove me nuts due to the poor plastic dispenser.
The Chinese Schick blades are what I use. If the injector you bought is able to use twin blades they are worth the try. The Twins are pricy but amazing.

You guys are the best! I was ultimately able to find some blades on tryablade. Maggards has the Ted Pella blades for a reasonable price. I think I'll just buy a pack at a time and see what all the fuss is about. Thanks, fellas!

You guys are the best! I was ultimately able to find some blades on tryablade. Maggards has the Ted Pella blades for a reasonable price. I think I'll just buy a pack at a time and see what all the fuss is about. Thanks, fellas!
If you can hold on ordering for a day I'll look to see if I can find a pack I think I have that I'll give you.

Vintage injectors are amazing shavers. There aren’t a lot of choices when it comes to blades so you don’t have to worry that there might be a better one out there. I haven’t tried anything other than ones I got from Supply Provisions several years ago. They were getting ready to release their new razor and had already begun selling blades on Amazon. I ordered one pack of 20 blades and got a bag of 20 cartridges of 20 blades. Over the years I’ve given Them to different guys and they say they are as good as any other but at least one person reported that the blades had been loaded in the cartridge backwards.

If you can hold on ordering for a day I'll look to see if I can find a pack I think I have that I'll give you.
That would be awesome, thank you! I was just hanging out on Maggard contemplating which knots I'm going to get for my restorations, but that can wait.

Vintage injectors are amazing shavers. There aren’t a lot of choices when it comes to blades so you don’t have to worry that there might be a better one out there. I haven’t tried anything other than ones I got from Supply Provisions several years ago. They were getting ready to release their new razor and had already begun selling blades on Amazon. I ordered one pack of 20 blades and got a bag of 20 cartridges of 20 blades. Over the years I’ve given Them to different guys and they say they are as good as any other but at least one person reported that the blades had been loaded in the cartridge backwards.
That's a strange problem. I'll probably throw in a pack with my next Amazon order. Thanks for the suggestion.

Here's what I get.....
14 shaves from Personna/Pella blades
A full month from Schick blades

That doesn't mean that Schicks are better (but it does make it easy to remember when to change blades! 🤪); they cost more than a Personna, so the annual price comes close to being the same.

Here's what I get.....
14 shaves from Personna/Pella blades
A full month from Schick blades

That doesn't mean that Schicks are better (but it does make it easy to remember when to change blades! 🤪); they cost more than a Personna, so the annual price comes close to being the same.
I wonder how much of that would be YMMV. I'll be the guinea pig! Haha

That would be awesome, thank you! I was just hanging out on Maggard contemplating which knots I'm going to get for my restorations, but that can wait.
I'll look when I get home. I hope I can find them (I should have checked first before getting you hopes up)

No worries, it's not the end of the world if you can't. The kindness is appreciated no matter the result.
Ok I found it. Not sure how many blade but I'm sure it is at least half full. As I said, I hate the dispenser so I'm including an almost empty Schick (Chinese) pack. I probably only has 3 blades in it but you can transfer the Pella blades to the Schick case.

PM me your address and I'll get them out Tuesday.

As with Dave only the Chinese here. Although I lucked onto some vintage personna 74 blades that were made of very hard steel. I’m doing a longevity test with them now.

Back